Ninja Warriors: Once Again

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
So this is getting a standard ntsc release also? Eh why bother with this version then, other version will likely only be 29.99.

That’s where I’m at with it, I’m waiting for that, although I did get a copy for another forum member here who was working when it went for sale.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The cards on that limited edition are pretty cool but everything else other than the pins are meh. The big box looks generic too.

In any case I just ordered the regular limited edition from them.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those interested the Ninja Warriors Trilogy Album preview video is up. Remixed music from the new remake is sounding pretty damn good:

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
lmbo those tits on the white ninja are ridiculous.

So is the green ‘blood’ the enemies ooze. Strangely, toward the end of the video-red blood.

I love the juggles, and the ‘Bam Bam’ style slam she has.

Super stoked for this one!

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Can't wait for this. double dipping with a digital switch copy and physical ps4 copy. Yaksha looks too damn good in more ways than one

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member

Use your aluminum pentium 2 head and realize that is where she stores her extended claws. You can see it when she attacks with her Omega Red style tentacles.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Use your aluminum pentium 2 head and realize that is where she stores her extended claws. You can see it when she attacks with her Omega Red style tentacles.

Why do you to ruin it for everyone?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So is the green ‘blood’ the enemies ooze. Strangely, toward the end of the video-red blood.

Whats up wataru330. They’re giving us the option to change the blood effects to red in this one. Unless I am mistaken, even the original super famicom version featured green blood, so this marks the first time that the game will depict red blood.

It’s also interesting to see both the previously removed/censored kunoichi enemies present along with their claw enemy replacements. Should make for some interesting mob variations on higher difficulties.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

Could be bigger.

I've said this before but, I always appreciate how Umihara Kawase gets an "upgrade" every time a new game in the series comes out.

Jon

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Fantastic version of the game.

Some quick notes:
I was hoping to jump right into hard mode but it's locked by default until you beat the game for the first time. Also, only the 3 original characters are playable at first; Yaksha unlocked upon my completion of normal mode along with the option to use the original Zuntata arcade sountrack during gameplay. It is also possible to unlock the original ost from the snes version.

The new attacks for both the playable characters and enemies are fantastic (though some attacks have been replaced altogether such as Ninja's boost stomp attack [down+jump]) and the added time-attack feature breaths new life into the original game.

I have one minor nitpick: Picking up throwable objects is finicky in this version for some reason. I find that I have to stand slightly off center to the object I want to pick up or my characters just swings at the air. This was never an issue at all in the snes original.

Lastly, as always, I wish the snes original (with region option) was included as an unlockable with these types of games.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Hopefully strictly limited sends this out in August. I am very excited to play this.

In the mean time I've been playing Hard mode on the Super Famicom version. Just playing through without trying to die once now for a pseudo 1 credit clear.

Here are my thoughts on the three characters, will be cool to see their changes in the remake.

-Ninja is real good but slow. Spin throw is very good for crowd control. Very fast with dash. Can't jump like the other two but can glide to attack.End boss is super easy, just stand in corner and throw. Punch string on both crouching and standing is the same iirc and outranges just about everything. Can't turn around when crouching.Seems to kill the fastest if you know what you're doing. Nunchucks in his combo string even hits behind him and gives him a lot of invincibility frames.

-Kamaitach - Can't throw by walking into enemies ,but can via command grabs during strings. Just as good as Ninja imo, and probably easier to use.Fastest character, even faster when crouching (and you can block while crouching and run). Back throw where he throws them in the air is awesome as it can throw three people at once. Attack strings are very good.

-Kunoichi - can walk into enemies to throw (and it seems enemies get out of her throws very fast). Can jump kick and jump off enemies. Very bad hit detection on her strings especially vs female ninjas. They have more range than you, and even when you hit them point blank at times it does nothing. You really need to be on top of them 24/7. In the later stages like stage 5 you start to get overwhelmed due to this. Definitely the hardest to no continue with as she has big flaws.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I know Daddy Mulk wasn't in the SNES game, but I'm still bummed there isn't a remixed version.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Picked this up last night on Switch and I really dig it. Never was much one for single plane beat em ups but I love this one. The characters are varied enough that you can't rely on the same strategies over and over, and the engine seems like it has a lot of room to do some satisfying combos. I really like how the super meter fills up quick enough that you can bust out crazy shit on a regular basis.

As mentioned the wapons are a bitch to pick up, but beyond that I have few complaints. I was initially hesitant about paying full price but have no regrets.