Ninja Master's

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Wow, it looks like someone bought Shawn's NM for $1100! Has the value of this game risen so much? I want to eventually get this cart for my collection but it seems by the time another one becomes available the price will be even higher.

What do you guys think of NM for $2000 or $5000 for that matter? How many of you collectors would fork that much cash for a single game?

C

Caris Nautilus

I think a grand for any game is to damn much. I would NEVER pay it. But if people out there want to thats cool.

I bought my DC the 3rd week it came out in japan for 650, Some people probly think thats crazy...

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I have to be honest , I saw all these huge prices for this game on all the lists and I never played it. Some of the screen shots on the sites look good. Now I saw 4 to 5 to even $600( home cart). So when I bought the mvs cart for $75 I thought I was getting a awesome deal. Well I am probably going to get BASHED for saying this, but I think this game is horrible, gameplay and graphics. I didn't even think it was worth the $75 I paid for it. But I think most people who are in the neo scene are collecting it, I am not. Just curious why this game is so hot, can someone tell me or maybe I haven't played enough and missed something.................NEONUT

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by neonut:
I have to be honest , I saw all these huge prices for this game on all the lists and I never played it. Some of the screen shots on the sites look good. Now I saw 4 to 5 to even $600( home cart). So when I bought the mvs cart for $75 I thought I was getting a awesome deal. Well I am probably going to get BASHED for saying this, but I think this game is horrible, gameplay and graphics. I didn't even think it was worth the $75 I paid for it. But I think most people who are in the neo scene are collecting it, I am not. Just curious why this game is so hot, can someone tell me or maybe I haven't played enough and missed something.................NEONUT

The reason people pay so much is that ugly word, it's rare. Not many were made, Which is fine when your dealing with cars, lol, But a game is meant to be played IMO

It's a pretty good game, But the gameplay is rather dated, And Def. not worth over 100 bucks IMO, But if you buy it your paying for the rarity, Not how good of a game it is.

A game like Super tag Battle tho is a rare game, And a good game IMO, But no where near worth what people want for the homecart. MVS is more for me, Cause I dont care about the collecting aspect of neocarts, I just wanna play them.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
No game should be paid for over $400 but unless its rare and valuble then 2 or 3 hundred more could be shelled out if its a mad good game and worth the loot.

Massiahz

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
From all those "rare" and extremly expensive games, I find Ninja Masters to be one of the better titles. I did enjoy playing it when I tried it out, but I too would never spend that kind of money on it.

Maybe if I was just plain out rich?

N

NGPSkinhead

I think some games are soo overprieced just because they are rare. it is like Stack Up for the NES, one of the dumbest games I own but it's ultra expensive (for nes-standard)

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
What aboput Virtual Bowling for Nintendo's Virtual Boy, it went for $1200 on eBay, the game's size is about the same as Game Boy

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
NM isn't worth 1100 as the game itself. Rarity, condition, and the buyer have a lot to do with these type of prices. I have owned the game both on home cart and MVS and I enjoyed it, but it isn't a game I keep going back to. I think this one was overpriced when I bought my original Japanese one for $400, but I don't have a collectors mind set at all when it comes to the Neo.

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Wasnt that Virtual Bowling released in the US and was available at most stores or was it a rare JP release? I think I remember stores selling it for $5. If it is worth that much I wish I bought tons of them.

JRock917

, ,
I might spend a few hundred for a cart game I really want that is supposed to really kick ass, but that kind of money for a single rare cart is most certainly out of my league.

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by lump505:
Wasnt that Virtual Bowling released in the US and was available at most stores or was it a rare JP release? I think I remember stores selling it for $5. If it is worth that much I wish I bought tons of them.

it isn't the same than Nester's Funky Bowling,it is another one,and vince is right,it is worth $1200 these days

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
That ninja masters ended up bringing in $1400 worth of trade. That's insane, and what's even more insane is that US kizuna brough in $1650, and both of these aren't even mint carts. Man I need an MVS....

Matt

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
The most I ever spent for a "rare" title was $325 for Kizuna Encounter... but that will probably change since I am pre-ordered for KOF 2000.

But still, prices for home carts these days are a bit off the deep end these days. I don't think that it's a case of rareness, more or less people know that if they sell the game that they may not be able to find another copy again. (wait... that DOES mean it's "rare", doesn't it?).

Regardless, I'd love to own copies of NinjaMasters, Breakers Revenge and some of the lesser known titles for the Neo Geo. But if someone thinks they can get me to the point that I'm so desperate for a title that I would be willing to pay as much as a brand new PowerMac Dual Processor G4, then they're crazy.

$350 is my limit for ANY Neo Geo Cart game, and it will stay that way... anything else is just too damn expensive. But if anyone else out there thinks these games are worth that much, more power to you. I'll be the first one to hunt you down if I'm ever forced to sell my game collection.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited November 29, 2000).]

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

MAN I JUST SOLD NM JAP FOR 500 BUKS..THATS INSANE AND UNBELIEVABLE.WHOEVER BOUGHT THAT IS A MORON..

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
I have to agree with Drunk Shaolin Devil.

Man i didnt wanna say anything before but whoever bought NM for $1500 is either a dickhead or just has money to burn.

Lord! I see NGF making stupid cash with these peeps that shell out the ill cash for one bitchass cart.

Unfckinbelievable and a half.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness