Newer game Spine Logo *VOTE*

Which logo do you prefer for newer Neo-Geo games?

• I dont give a rats ass what you put, just keep pumpin out inserts!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
SNK-NEOGEO
snk-neogeo.jpg

SNK-PLAYMORE
snk-playmore.jpg

SNK
snk.jpg

I know that Playmore have released their AES inserts with the SNK-NEOGEO logo, but I was just curious what you all feel about it?

This poll will close in 1 week.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I would never use Playmore... that's just personal preference with reason behind it.
-BB

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm down with the SNKP logo, just because it really gives credit where credit is due. A lot of my friends think my Neo Geo habit is crazy, so to be able to describe the difference between SNK and SNKP just adds to the geekdom.

You could probably make a pitch for using the standard blue SNK typograhic logo on all of the spines, but if you're going to change it I'd go with the real SNKP logo.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am with BB as I also don't much care for the look of the playmore logo. Keep with SNK Neo Geo.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
They all work for me but the plain old SNK logo looks best to me on the spines. SNK NeoGeo is better looking than Playmore I think too. Can't they make up their minds what they want to call themselves? :P

Sundance

Sho's Rival
SNK - NEO GEO is how i've always seen them and thats how i'll always remember them! :smirk:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On the newer titles give credit where credit is due.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
On the newer titles give credit where credit is due.

What exactly do you mean? You voted for SNK......... :spock:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
3 days left. Place your votes. Once the poll closes, the winning logo will be the one I select for all newer inserts i do.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
I'll not vote, because there's no such option:

Use the correct for that game:

SNK for SNK games;
ADK for ADK games;
Playmore for Playmore time (KOF01,SVC);
SNKP for the SNKP games (newer ones);

and so on.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
I'll not vote, because there's no such option:

Use the correct for that game:

SNK for SNK games;
ADK for ADK games;
Playmore for Playmore time (KOF01,SVC);
SNKP for the SNKP games (newer ones);

and so on.

If you check out the first thread which goes into a little detail about the intent of the poll. heres a quote "I know that Playmore have released their AES inserts with the SNK-NEOGEO logo, but I was just curious what you all feel about it?"

I'm specifically talking about SNK-Playmore releases (the newer releases).

I wont put SNK-PLAYMORE or SNK-NEOGEO on a World Heroes for example.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
NeoCverA said:
If you check out the first thread which goes into a little detail about the intent of the poll. heres a quote "I know that Playmore have released their AES inserts with the SNK-NEOGEO logo, but I was just curious what you all feel about it?"

I'm specifically talking about SNK-Playmore releases (the newer releases).

I wont put SNK-PLAYMORE or SNK-NEOGEO on a World Heroes for example.

Oh, sorry.

Well, I prefer the SNKP ones, since they're are the 'real deal'. SNK NG only distributes it in US. I prefer the things original - even in fanmade US classic-looking inserts :D

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm tempted to go back on my original vote and say to use the original SNK blue typographic logo on everything (regardless of developer or publisher). Originally I thought that you should credit the publisher and put the company logo on the insert, but now I think that showing Neo-Geo unity via the SNK blue logo sounds best.

Regardless of the publisher, all of these games are for the original SNK Neo-Geo. Having dozens of different corporate logos on inserts only convolutes the issue. Now that development is ending on Neo-Geo (and homebrew is picking up steam :buttrock: ) it marks the longest continual development platform.... ever!

No arcade or console platform has had active development longer. So in support of this I'm debating on throwing out all of the corporate mumbo-jumbo and distinguishing the SNK logo as the banner.

I can feel the flames coming.... :eek:

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
On second thought, it's the SNK Neo-Geo logo and not the SNK one. I'll step off the soap box now... :annoyed:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Use whichever logo was used on the original insert.