New PSP OS and ROMZ

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I am considering picking up the PSP Giga Pack in Japan, for the main reason that it is good value, and I can put the 1GB card in my camera, and use the 512MB card that is currently in my camera for PSP.

Anyway, with the latest OS (2.0?), can you run the NEO GEO CD emulator? The main point of me getting the PSP would be to play NEO ROMS (I own 2 x AESs and a tasty selection of carts in case you care), so I need to be sure the latest JPN PSP will run the emulator. Can anyone advise?

Also, if you could only get one game for the PSP, which would it be? I was thinking about MG Acid, as it is a budget title now.

H

hermegildo

If you have 2.00 firmware it should be possible for to downgrade and use the NeoCD emu, anything after that and you're toast. There's also a loader for v.2.00 with varying degrees of success depending on the boot you're trying to load. I don't know if it works with the NeoCD emu, but the bottom line is, it is possible to run homebrew on v.2.00, as long as your firmware doesn't go beyond that.

And Wipeout Pure is, IMO the best PSP title currently available.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
I am considering picking up the PSP Giga Pack in Japan, for the main reason that it is good value, and I can put the 1GB card in my camera, and use the 512MB card that is currently in my camera for PSP.

Anyway, with the latest OS (2.0?), can you run the NEO GEO CD emulator? The main point of me getting the PSP would be to play NEO ROMS (I own 2 x AESs and a tasty selection of carts in case you care), so I need to be sure the latest JPN PSP will run the emulator. Can anyone advise?

Also, if you could only get one game for the PSP, which would it be? I was thinking about MG Acid, as it is a budget title now.
Is the 512 stick big enought to run the Neo CD romz?

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
well from what i've heard it has fw2.00 which is good because u can run the neogeo cd emulator on there. also with fw2.00 u can downgrade to fw1.5 and run emulators and iso from ur mem stick(i have 1.5 yay). eww i hated MG ac!d it has no action it card based game. I have wipeout and i can say it a great game only if ur into racing games.
other games i would recommemd are
x-men legends 2
tony hawk
ape espace(2 short :confused: )
Guilty Gear XX reload
Kingdom Of Paradise
Star Wars Battlefront 2
hot shots golf
Lumines
Burnout Legends(best racing game on the psp)

keep in mind i havent bought any of these games(expect for wipeout and ape escape) i just use the umd loader program for fw1.5 to play them all :D

but if u want to play newer game like gta u have 2 have fw2.00 or higher

o and NEgO MANIAC a 512 stick is more than enough for neo geo cd games

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Thanks. So basically, if it has OS 2.0, then I am safe?

If so, I guess I just need confirmation that the Giga Pack version comes with OS 2.0.

http://www.playstation.jp/products/hardware/psp/psp1000g1g1cw.html

Don't think they have the data up there.

MG Solid isn't a budget title yet, but Ridge Racers is. Maybe that is worth the purchase?

Ridge Racers is a fucking great game it was the first game i got with my psp( i imported my from japan) yea it worth it i think...

i still dont know if it fw2.00 or fw2.5 i look on some sites for u reply bac k

BIG

sony fanboy
I bought a Ceramic White Gigapack recently,and it came with fw 2.5.

B-

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
BIG said:
I bought a Ceramic White Gigapack recently,and it came with fw 2.5.

B-

So it is useless for the emulator then?

You reminded me of the other question I had. Black or White? Still, it may be irellevant if I can't use it as an NEO CD emulator :crying:

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
the neo cd emulator is awesome and the games look amazing on that little screen.

pick up ridge racer and lumines both are outstanding games and are well worth a purchase.

edit: yes NEgO MANIAC a 512 is big enough for neo-geo cd. samurai shodown 4 is about 110mb and kof 99 is 130mb with most games being smaller.

Last edited:

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I have a stick coming, so I need to know where I can download everything. I have 1.52 firmware on my PSP. I'm looking forward to some Slug 1 & 2 on the PSP!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you get a 1 gig duo stick, you should be good for everything you need right now. Most of the neo geo CD games will be around 60~100 megs...

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I bought a 512 and only want to play the slug games on it. I just need to know were to download everything.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
NEgO MANIAC said:
I bought a 512 and only want to play the slug games on it. I just need to know were to download everything.

well i would just tell you here but i think there a rule of no posting rom links(i bet u own both slug game anyway). so just aim me or pm and ill help u out bro.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I heard it's a real chore to get NeoCD roms running on a PSP.

BIG

sony fanboy
GregN. said:

Aside from tracking down the iso/romz,the process is fairly simple.

B-

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
GregN. said:

actually its really easy
take metal slug for instance
1 you make a folder named Metal Slug then you extract the contents of the iso to it
2 you make a folder named neocdmp3 and put all the mp3 there

when youre done it should look like this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/voodoodoctorx/untitled2.jpg

the only thing that tripped me up a bit is that you have to extract the contents of the iso not just extract the iso to the folder.