nuff' said...go d/l ^__^ unfortunetly...looks like no web browser yet...T__T

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
psp01.jpg

Just installed.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Are these updates needed? Can I play without them? If I need them, where might I find them once I pick my psp up tomorrow?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Are these updates needed? Can I play without them? If I need them, where might I find them once I pick my psp up tomorrow?

Not really needed, but they fix some of the system's IPL functions or add different features.

Here you can get the update -

http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_03.html

You can simply transfer it to a MemStick via USB, install and delete.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Thanks, do you think it will still work on a US model?

Hmmm... I wouldn't know, it's not worth trying though, you may end up fucking up your system really badly - you should wait for SCEA's word on this.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
even tho this is just my theory (since i have JPN PSP)...

yes...cuz doesnt sony's update come from ONE centralized server??? think about it...all PSPs are the same except for region coding...other than that, the same...i apologize tho if i am wrong...then this is more a learning experiance for me and probably many others...otherwise, dont worry bout your PSP being messed up from an update (unless you: turn it off while it installs; take out the memory card; etc. etc.)

edit: and when i say update...im not talkin about the one in the link above...US PSP users...go check for updates from your PSP if you can...and tell me if there is one...thank you ^__^

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Do I have to use the link to download it? Can't I just hit network update in the menu if I'm near an access point? I don;t have the net at home at the moment see.
I don't get "install and delete" Now I'm not dumb or owt but I need a little help here please with getting this on my PSP. What folder on the mem stick do I need to put the update on etc.
Thanx, J.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
J0e Musashi said:
Do I have to use the link to download it? Can't I just hit network update in the menu if I'm near an access point? I don;t have the net at home at the moment see.
I don't get "install and delete" Now I'm not dumb or owt but I need a little help here please with getting this on my PSP. What folder on the mem stick do I need to put the update on etc.
Thanx, J.

no you dont have to use that link...you are right to just use the network update in settings...and you only use an access point if its one that you dont have to pay for like t-mobile hot-spot (which isnt compatible yet)

also when installing: it will make sure you have your ac adapter plugged in...so d/l it first somewhere else...then go home and install

hope this helped ^__^

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
TemJin3000 said:
no you dont have to use that link...you are right to just use the network update in settings...and you only use an access point if its one that you dont have to pay for like t-mobile hot-spot (which isnt compatible yet)

also when installing: it will make sure you have your ac adapter plugged in...so d/l it first somewhere else...then go home and install

hope this helped ^__^

Ok so that kinda helped, but the second part of your post has confused me. If I d/l it before going home and installing it that would mean I had used the link no? or do you mean to hit network update get the update and then go and plug in the ac adapter before I install it? (i.e. you can d/l first and then install via the PSPs menu)
Is Starbucks a free access point? it's about the only ones we have in the UK.

I'll get it sorted soon enough I'm sure. Prolly would help if I had my PSP with me right now.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Mushiki said:
Hmmm... I wouldn't know, it's not worth trying though, you may end up fucking up your system really badly - you should wait for SCEA's word on this.
US PSP shipped with revision 1.5 I believe, there is no need to update.

TemJin3000 said:
yes...cuz doesnt sony's update come from ONE centralized server??? think about it...all PSPs are the same except for region coding...other than that, the same...i apologize tho if i am wrong...then this is more a learning experiance for me and probably many others...otherwise, dont worry bout your PSP being messed up from an update (unless you: turn it off while it installs; take out the memory card; etc. etc.)
With regards to regions, Sony use 1 central update server, but have 3 downloads for different regions. You could potentially break a PSP by installing the update for another region (if it will let you). I am kind of hoping you can install the update for other regions and that it would allow you to watch vids from that region, but this is untested and I am waiting for someone else to try it before i break my psp.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Mawdsley said:
US PSP shipped with revision 1.5 I believe, there is no need to update.

With regards to regions, Sony use 1 central update server, but have 3 downloads for different regions. You could potentially break a PSP by installing the update for another region (if it will let you). I am kind of hoping you can install the update for other regions and that it would allow you to watch vids from that region, but this is untested and I am waiting for someone else to try it before i break my psp.

ah, thank you very much...like i said, a good learning experiance