NES BitBox opinion

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Was looking into Buying 50 of these for my collection. I have very few CIB.

Anybody have them? What's the verdict?

How is quality vs NEO GEO SNK MVS shock boxes.

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
EXTREMELY RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Wrong forum...

Bit boxes are fucking awesome! By far and away the best aftermarket NES storage option. They fit nice and snug, display nicely, and are cheap to boot. I used them for my last NES reproduction run and people loved them.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I've heard good things - haven't touched one in person. I believe he's considering an MVS/AES box as well (though that market is getting more and more crowded)

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I just like my NES carts naked on the shelf as nature intended, then again I prefer my MVS carts in shock boxes.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
I just like my NES carts naked on the shelf as nature intended, then again I prefer my MVS carts in shock boxes.

I'm with you there. I try to have most everything CIB, and what isn't just sits on my shelf in an NES cart sleeve.

These are great when you're making reproductions and such. I'm always looking for different box options when I release my prototypes, but after using Bit Boxes I won't go back to anything else. They're really great. They remind my of mini-shock boxes when you have them in hand. Similar feel and build quality for sure.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Wow...how did I not know about these before now...

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Any comment on the type of label. They have full stretched label and a original ratio label with a black bar on side with nes logo. Herd that the full one is distorted.

Thanks for thee feedback. I might get 25 for my favorite games and least favorite can go naked.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
aaron - good to see you on here!

If you buy in bulk they do the art for $0.35 or less which is pretty decent. They also offer bulk discounts (beyond the 100 pack) - I wonder what they'd charge per box at say 500.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They have bitbox for sale at $7.99 apiece on ebay, which is pretty much the same price for a shockbox at Southtown Homebrew, except much smaller.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I heard about bit box cases from watching one of gamester81's videos, they look pretty cool for nes games forsure.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Honestly, looking back at it these are a viable option for my NES games only, I can keep the UGC for SNEs/GEN/N64 stuff. Glad they are exactly an inch in width. The inside looks a lot like the inside of a shockbox, does anyone know if these are similar in design/plastic quality?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Honestly, looking back at it these are a viable option for my NES games only, I can keep the UGC for SNEs/GEN/N64 stuff. Glad they are exactly an inch in width. The inside looks a lot like the inside of a shockbox, does anyone know if these are similar in design/plastic quality?

They now have SNES bitboxes too now... I'm hoping Genesis gets some love next.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
You and me both ki. I really like how the boxes are, how they fit in with the shocks.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah these are nice. Stone Age Gamer makes some really nice products. I have a bunch of Universal Game Cases and I like them, but if you have plenty of room (I don't) these cases would look really nice.