NeoSD/MVS sound issue

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi. I've lost sound on my MVS mobo. I don't have any other games to check whether it's the mobo or cart that has the issue but the sound works fine on other pcb's

Is this a common issue?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Are you grinding something when you recorded that video?

In any case try these three easy steps first.

1.)Clean your cartridge slot

2.)Clear Backup Ram

3.)Verify your Neo Geo board has 5.0 volts at the jamma connector. These cartridges require more volts than genuine cartridges

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Defiantly not common, you need to plug something else in there to test but it’s more likely the MVS board than the game.

You tried setting the board to attract sound off?

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
Defiantly not common, you need to plug something else in there to test but it’s more likely the MVS board than the game.

You tried setting the board to attract sound off?

Yeah, it's odd! It's a NeoSD cart and I've never had an issue with it until now. I'll have a fiddle on and see what I can figure out

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
What revision of PCB is it? As long as it's not a MV1C (and possibly B?) take the cart out and go to the hardware test screen and test the sound channels. No beeps means there's something wrong with the board. the reason I specify MV1C (and B) is because that board does not produce test tones at all.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Ah well did you give it a shot? I don't remember if my Mv1B made the test tones but I sold it a year ago so I can't try it. I don't have a NeoSD but are there any setting you can play with?

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
You could try getting ahold of someone at TO on their discord (the only place to try and get help anymore) or by shooting Yodd a PM. It's gonna be painful but that's TO right now.