NeoGeo CD no audio

Icelvlan88

n00b
Hello,

I have a Neogeo Cd Japanese top loader with ODE installed and everything is working fine except for music or sound effects. I've tried both through RGB and through the L/R AV ports but still no sound. Is there something I could trace or are these any common components that have issues that I can check? Just to note, I have the CDDA cable plugged in the correct orientation and I've tried replugging it back in a few times.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Icelvlan88

n00b
a bit of an update.

I tested audio using a pair of old headphones and connecting it to the CH1 of the DAC, then leaving the amp and i hear audio! mind you i only did this test for sound, not music. but i assume and looks like it is mixed in after those 3 sets of resistors before it goes to amp
it is very quiet though, same volume before and after amp, which i'm not sure about. I even had same level audio on the audio pin on the RGB connector. I think i might try ordering a cap kit and/or looking at resistors. I tried testing a pile of resistors around the audio portion of the board and one was fluctuating quite a bit while the others were pretty steady on the reading, not sure if this could mean it is a fault

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Do you know when it stopped working? Did the audio ever work? Did it stop working after the Neo SD Loader install?

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Issue resolved
please-tell-us-more.gif