Neo25 candy buttons

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Does anyone know the model# or type and size of buttons found on the Neo25 candy? These are the red, yellow, green blue Neo buttons, but they are flat topped, so they arent Sanwa or Happ, and they also have a black border around them:

I know I can upgrade to whatever, but I like the look of the stock buttons, and Im not a competitive player so don't need competition level stuff.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Seimitsu PS-14-G snap in buttons. You can tell they’re PS-14-G buttons by the flat top plunger. Seimitsu screw down buttons have a slightly different shape to them, more convex. They are, of course, 30mm buttons.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Are you ready for some real juicy Seimitsu facts? Brace yourself:

Seimitsu screw in buttons PS-14-GN (30mm) are actually completely different in terms of size than PS-14-G. The body of the GN is 32.6mm in diameter, the plunger is 24.3mm in diameter. The diameters of the G series, on the other hand - body is 34.3mm, plunger is 26mm, an increase of 1.7mm relative to both plunger and body or, about a 5% increase in diameter overall. Can you believe that shit!?

So, if you're thinking, I'll swap plungers between screw in and snap in Seimitsu buttons, think again, my friend.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Sorry to sorta necrobump this, but I just replaced the CP buttons on my Neo25 along with the sticks (and the CP itself, thanks to alberto). I opted not to replace the P1, P2 and Select buttons because honestly - how much use do those get compared to A, B, C and D? Right? RIGHT. RIGHT!?

So.. I put all the buttons back, start connecting all of the leads and then - P1 doesn't work. Well that's clearly a DD fuckup as usual. Probably didn't put them on there tight enough, etc etc etc. Nothing works. So I get my trusty multimeter and... the microswitch is dead :cautious:

Well fuck me I just can't have nice things. Now I know I can just swap the P2 button to P1 since its mainly me playing and I can wait but.... the colors will be wrong. its gotta be red, yellow, blue - right to left. Call me an OCDickhead, but I need it to look just like it's stock! (not counting the slightly darker yellow on the B buttons but we wont tell anyone).

So my dilemma is this - I know I can get the colors/style I need from say, focusattack - but I see an option for 30mm (which is the action buttons, thank you @Digmac ) and an option for 24mm. I wanna say that 24mm is still too big for these buttons. Anyone know for sure? I'm gonna do some googlin' but if anyone knows for sure that'd be super awesome.

DD

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Thanks man. The OG ones on the panel are screw ins, with the ring. But FocusAttack only has convex ones that are screw in.. I need mine flat! So Im gonna get some snap-ins.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I can check to see if I have some screw in jobs. I'll let you know

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Its all good man, thank you for the offer but they are so cheap I just ordered a set of snap ins that are flat. Thanks for confirming on the size!

Ajax

15 Year Member
Cool man. While we're on the topic, I was always under the impression that P1 start and balltop were red, and P2 start and balltop were blue. I know we're getting into the nether realms of OCD (obvious chode disorder) here, but thought I would mention it. I could definitely be wrong though.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I replaced my Neo 25s w/ seimitsu snap ins from Focus Attack. It’s fine. I went w/ translucent purple ball tops, since I couldn’t get red and blue sorted…I just combined ‘em. ;^)68E672EC-5B70-4E20-90FB-35DBD6572312.jpeg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
lol you cats beat me to it. I found some pics of other Neo25s and its definitely R, Y, B.

I know its not a big deal. You like what you like. I dont want purple ball tops (they look rad tho) but if you like em, you like em!

There was a dude in a NeoGeo MVS facebook group that replaced a US big red's sticks with sanwas and he used ball tops. That just looks wrong to me. Big Reds and SNK Big Blues need to have bat tops!

It sucks that I ruined the original CP, other than the idiotic holes and denting I did to it, it was perfect. No worn images, scratches, etc. Stupid. But at least I got it replaced.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Red, yellow, blue - that's what I said, you dong

It looks like these jams have red balltops on both sides. Nbd though, probably still gonna keep blue on that side