Neo Geo CD - MVS Conversions

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I have seen a few conversions have been done (like Eightman for example), though I haven't been able to get any of these to run yet as I was busy troubleshooting the 0003 IO Error I was encountering (that's been since solved). That said, is this something that can hypothetically be done for any of the missing games, or are there restrictions to what can be ported to the NGCD? Say, Nightmare in the Dark for example, which hasn't been ported, or Waku Waku 7.

Wasn't sure if it's a finding someone to invest the time to do it thing vs a what is physically possible due to how the game is coded sort of thing.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You can search this forum by going to Google and typing site:neo-geo.com followed by the search terms. This has been asked many times.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I have Ironclad, DIggerman and Ghostlop on MVS and all Run great. Nice not having CD load times.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I have Ironclad, DIggerman and Ghostlop on MVS and all Run great. Nice not having CD load times.
He was asking for the opposite, cart to cd.

The Neo CD has 7mb of RAM, so how easy it is to port a game mostly depends on how big it is.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

The Neo CD has 7mb of RAM, so how easy it is to port a game mostly depends on how big it is.
Because bigger than 7MB means having to do reprogramming to account for CD loads. Very difficult job.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
We had this talk a billion times already, no one's going to put in the work to reverse engineer a game to run off CD loads for the Neo-Geo CD so any discussion is pointless (unless you're doing it yourself, highly unlikely). Even the low hanging fruit like making Eightman not crap itself with audio and hangs hasn't been done yet.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member

Oh interesting, I have not seen that done. very Cool. I have a Modded USA Neo CD unit so it can play Japanese games. I wonder if that feature is enough for it to play CDR games too.

Very interesting.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
. I wonder if that feature is enough for it to play CDR games too

It has no copy protection so can play cdrs out of the box. Although it can be picky so a nice clean burn onto a good quality disc is usually needed.