Neo Geo 4 slot MVS finally has a heartbeat.

So I rescued a 4 slot a while back when I was picking up some other games. It was just sitting there looking pittyful so I took her home a cleaned it up. The owner bought it when they got their house and did nothing for her. At the time all I could get was the grid screen and a test screen. Recently, I tried again and after cleaning it praying I got a heart beat. I saw part of the game screen. and it began to clear up almost perfect. After running for a few; I restarted it and it went back to the grid screen. Can anyone tell me what might be going on/ The board looks sharp no acid, cracks or any weirdness. I even cleaned it again just for good measure Nothing appears to be loose and I have tried in every slot. Any idea out there? Thanks, Lets this girl up and running again.20170204_152255_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20170204_152239_resized.jpg
    20170204_152239_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
So I rescued a 4 slot a while back when I was picking up some other games. It was just sitting there looking pittyful so I took her home a cleaned it up. The owner bought it when they got their house and did nothing for her. At the time all I could get was the grid screen and a test screen. Recently, I tried again and after cleaning it praying I got a heart beat. I saw part of the game screen. and it began to clear up almost perfect. After running for a few; I restarted it and it went back to the grid screen. Can anyone tell me what might be going on/ The board looks sharp no acid, cracks or any weirdness. I even cleaned it again just for good measure Nothing appears to be loose and I have tried in every slot. Any idea out there? Thanks, Lets this girl up and running again.View attachment 42814
So this is what the machine does most of the time. Only once was I able to finally get it to even register a little bit of the game. I cleaned it again tonight. Check out the entire board everything looks right. The connection between the cartridge and the slot are tight. I just don't get it any help is much appreciated. Cuz if we can get one more for slot up and running the world will be a better place

4b8538e6bcc97ec74bc10c6d6c6c1565.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Have you cleaned the cart connectors on the board?

Did you make sure the contacts on the cart(s) are clean?

Have you re-seated the socketed roms and/or checked for any bent pins?

I'm not technical per se, but thats what did the trick for me more than once.