Need Kyo/Iori for KOF'99 MVS!!!! PLEASE HELP

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I have done everything needed to get the <K/I> logo on the intro screen, but I can't get the code to work. Is there some special trick to it? I remember that about 3 years ago a friend was at my house and he did it, so I know it's possible. The codes are listed below for any of you who wish to try it to give it a go and help me out. (You must have the <K/I> logo on the bottom of the intro screen for this to work)

For classic Kyo:
Go to the random select box, press and hold the start button, then with the joystick go Left, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right.
For Iori:
Go to the random select box, press and hold the start button, then with the joystick go Right, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left.

If any of you get this to work, please key me in. Thanks.

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
So it seems that no one here on the forum has ever executed this code? spock

RichardDark

Overtop Pathfinder
By the AES I have they are already selectabel.

how you have try to enter the code?Fast or more slow?I have never try it my self,but If I remeber right someone told me once you have to enter thats code not too fast.

here is a link where the codes are postet,I think you have the Real Kyo cheat wrong.

<a href="http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/neogeo/code/24043.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/neogeo/code/24043.html</a>

<small>[ July 17, 2003, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: RichardDark ]</small>

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
RichardDark:
By the AES I have they are already selectabel.

how you have try to enter the code?Fast or more slow?I have never try it my self,but If I remeber right someone told me once you have to enter thats code not too fast.

here is a link where the codes are postet,I think you have the Real Kyo cheat wrong.

<a href="http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/neogeo/code/24043.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/neogeo/code/24043.html</a>
I have tried entering both kyo codes that are listed on the ineternet and neither of them work. I have tried entering the code Very fast, fast, normal, slow, and very slow, but I just can't get it to work. I just want to know if anybody here on the forum has done it? I find it very odd that snk would make a code so damn hard.

K hunter

Kula's Candy
to get the <K/I> on the totle screen, you must fight them.

Iori:200pts-299pts
Kyo: 300pts and over.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
K hunter:
to get the <K/I> on the totle screen, you must fight them.

Iori:200pts-299pts
Kyo: 300pts and over.
I already have the <K/I> logo on the title screen, I just can't get the codes to work that allow you to play as Kyo or Iori.

<small>[ July 18, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

kiori

Crossed Swords Squire
here is the code
At the Character selection screen,go to the Random Select,press and hold start then do:

For Kyo:Left,Right,Up,Left,Down,Right

For Iori:right.Left,Up,Right,Down,Left

this is all you need to do now that you have that K/i on your title screen :D :D
and the key to this is to make in a square motion or tab the joystick it should work

<small>[ July 18, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: kiori ]</small>

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Nope, the code doesn't work at all (as expected). I have a US Bios in my machine, maybe does it have to be a japanese one? It doesn't matter if I do the code fast or slow, or in a square motion or by tapping the joystick.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Well, I just got the code to work.....

It seems that you can't do the code unless the machine is set on level 5. I find this really gay because you have to be a pussy to set your mvs on anything other than level 8.

<small>[ July 19, 2003, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

kiori

Crossed Swords Squire
hmm thats weird in the arcade at my school its on level four and it works but I guess some games work differently

kiori

Crossed Swords Squire
ha I found the problem which is that the code is wrong, the correct way is

kyo: up, left,down, right, up

Iori: up, right down left, up
I tested it and it works. let me know if it works on level 8

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
kiori:
ha I found the problem which is that the code is wrong, the correct way is

kyo: up, left,down, right, up

Iori: up, right down left, up
I tested it and it works. let me know if it works on level 8
Both the new codes you listed don't work. The only codes that work are the ones you listed above earlier....On level 5.

<small>[ July 21, 2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>