N+ DS is fantastic

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I am a big fan of the 360 arcade live version but the DS version might even be better.

IGN gave this a 9/10 and since it is only $20 I decided to pick it up and I think it is fantastic. You have the map on the top screen which really helps and the play is on the bottom screen. The play is smooth and the controls are spot on. There are a lot of options so that you can flip things around if you want.

You start out with only one level open and then open more as you go. You also only start with a black or red ninja but unlock other colors and options the further you proceed. (victory animations, colors ect). There is an option to turn blood on or off but the blood is really hard to see and that is really my only complaint. Body parts still bounce around when they explode, which is always fun.

There is multi-player for up to two players (co-op and then three competitive match types, Domination, Tag and Blitz) but each player needs a copy of the game. This is not a huge deal though since the game is only $20. You can also create your own levels and download/upload them online. I was unclear as to whether you could play someone online or not.

If you are a fan of N+ and have a DS, I highly suggest that you look into this great game.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Is the PSP version the same game?

Gamespot says the PSP one has better graphics and harder levels then the DS. But it also has long load times and slowdown in some spots.
I think I am going to go with the PSP one simply because I would rather have the harder levels.