My review of Gyukaten Saiban 2 (Phoenix Wright 2).

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Hi everybody! I just finished this fantastic game and I have a review of whether or not you all should buy this game or not. I have it on my myspace so feel free to either give me thoughts here or on my blog. Thank you!

Peace and love!
Maury V.

My review of Gyukaten Saiban 2!! Oh yeah!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"Phoenix Wright proves once again that not all games have to meaningless violence to be fun!"

Come on now, Povich.
If you're going to make the type big, at least don't give me that Engrish.

I need more details on the story, m'man, to make it a better review.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
LoneSage said:
"Phoenix Wright proves once again that not all games have to meaningless violence to be fun!"

Come on now, Povich.
If you're going to make the type big, at least don't give me that Engrish.

I need more details on the story, m'man, to make it a better review.

Yeah, I put that on there on purpose just to get back at a couple of gamers who were critizing me for liking this series... that and I couldn't think of a better title! :mr_t:

barf

Maxima's Barber
There are tons of teddy bears, a mad clown, an indian, A prosecutor who is a hot chick with a whip, for the ladies Edgeworth is back, this could not be a bad game..

My only gripe: dang the last case is unforgiving, there are immediate-game over answers and i hate restarting all over >.<

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
barf said:
There are tons of teddy bears, a mad clown, an indian, A prosecutor who is a hot chick with a whip, for the ladies Edgeworth is back, this could not be a bad game..

My only gripe: dang the last case is unforgiving, there are immediate-game over answers and i hate restarting all over >.<

Can't you save at any time anymore? I used to just save all the time then re load

barf

Maxima's Barber
kernow said:
Can't you save at any time anymore? I used to just save all the time then re load

If you can save at anytime in the game then i didn't find how to do it ... :/

It just saves at specific point
investigation day, trial day/part ...

After, say, 15 minutes of trial, it is frustrating to loose because the stupid clown did a joke and you get double penalized for pushing him and have to do it all again, of course without being able to skip the dialog. Well anyway, it s okay, that s phoenix wright and it is the way they lengthen the gameplay :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
can't you just press start at any time, choose finish game, then it'll save for you?

the old one did that. I just saved whenever I thought was necessary

barf

Maxima's Barber
kernow said:
can't you just press start at any time, choose finish game, then it'll save for you?

the old one did that. I just saved whenever I thought was necessary

Funny thing is, i never tried that :P Silly me, i will try back home. Thanks !

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
However you can only save "at any time" during text boxes... if you've already reached the screen where you have to present evidence, you're SooL on making sure you don't cock up (thankfully the times where it was immediate Game Over for the selection, I pulled through and got it right).

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
the first phoenix wright I finished was great fun, but I felt some of the bits were a tiny bit too cryptic, that could just be my shite detective skills though. Sometimes it was just trial and error.

great game though, I don't know if I can be bothered to play the 2nd, but maybe one day.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Those one time bits were rather annoying, that they were. What I did to avoid having to go through it was save the game right before I came across that kind of situation. The only way you could avoid having to go through the talking was to just save if they asked you to present evidence. Considering the game predictibility, this makes the game eaiser... the constant questioning and presentation. Either way, I still liked it!

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
barf said:
If you can save at anytime in the game then i didn't find how to do it ... :/

It just saves at specific point
investigation day, trial day/part ...

After, say, 15 minutes of trial, it is frustrating to loose because the stupid clown did a joke and you get double penalized for pushing him and have to do it all again, of course without being able to skip the dialog. Well anyway, it s okay, that s phoenix wright and it is the way they lengthen the gameplay :)
As a point, you can save whenever you can open the court record. This means all the time except when you're prompted to give evidence (Psycho Lock, certain times in court).

And this is true for every game in the series.

About 2, I didn't like it very much. It was much too serious most of the time and the 3rd case was rediculous in my opinion. (lol anti gravity cape) The last case was a headache and a half too, as I'm sure anybody who's played it knows. Oddly enough the 3rd game's final case, which most people seem to hate for the same reasons I don't like 2 is probably my favorite case in the entire series.