My FIRST ever system mod Neo CD language

Metlcub

n00b
Hey all, I just started getting back into console collecting. For year I was doing custom PC build, water cooling etc, cause My X didn't like video games etc.. Now you know why it's an X LOL

Anyway this is my first console mod, Neo Geo CD US/JP region button. I didn't want that hug toggle switch, so I went with a push button. In is for US and out is for JP. It work flawless and going to try and get it set more flush. It's also the first time I soldered onto any PCB.
Sorry Im horrible a pictures.

64a9584d-1735-4fb2-a271-0665d97b38e9_zpseo8r0yml.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Looks extremely clean and professional. Much better than a toggle switch back there. Great work.

Metlcub

n00b
thanks guys, I just never liked that big toggle switch, always stuck out to far, I like the push button I went with..

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
why did you need an extra thread for this? it just clogs up the place. this isn't a new mod at all. why not post in here.

also: yes, that looks nice on the outside, but how is it on the inside?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You could have also installed a Unibios so you wouldn't need to add a physical switch.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
why did you need an extra thread for this? it just clogs up the place. this isn't a new mod at all.

We all start somewhere, it wasn't so frowned upon... long ago.

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
Yes, please cut all we noobs some slack. Being told that this is in the wrong place, that this topic was already discussed five years ago, that this has all been said before etc.... can end up meaning that noobs are in effect being told never to post anything about any subject anywhere because it's all been done before. This kind of thing tends to happen on forums at a certain point in their life-cycles and can lead to them going stale if people aren't careful. Best to try some encouragement first before gently explaining the finer details of forum usage.

Well, it's either that or instead just troll the shit out of everyone who joins the forum for pure personal entertainment. Hey, wait a second...

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Post a new thread, get flamed. Necro an old one, get flamed. Newbies can't win.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yes, please cut all we noobs some slack. Being told that this is in the wrong place, that this topic was already discussed five years ago, that this has all been said before etc.... can end up meaning that noobs are in effect being told never to post anything about any subject anywhere because it's all been done before. This kind of thing tends to happen on forums at a certain point in their life-cycles and can lead to them going stale if people aren't careful. Best to try some encouragement first before gently explaining the finer details of forum usage.

Well, it's either that or instead just troll the shit out of everyone who joins the forum for pure personal entertainment. Hey, wait a second...

Suck it up cupcake. That's how it goes around here. Metlcub at least contributed something...

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
Suck it up cupcake. That's how it goes around here. Metlcub at least contributed something...

You go girl! But this is just what I'm talking about. Quality trolling and abuse is what we come here for and no-one should ever forget that. If we wanted refined, gentile, supportive conversation we'd have joined these guys.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You go girl! But this is just what I'm talking about. Quality trolling and abuse is what we come here for and no-one should ever forget that. If we wanted refined, gentile, supportive conversation we'd have joined these guys.

And with the quality posts you've been making your well on your way...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wow, thanks man; I'm touched. I promise I'll try to keep to uphold the forum's twisted values to the best of my abilities.

You either come here with a thick skin, develop one or eat shit and die. That is the law of this land.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
No what replaces that button? A neo Geo CD biosmasta with 3.2 unibios. I love mine.FUCK XX beat me to it.

Last edited: