MVS Spine Label (Generic)

The other day I was extremely bored so I decided to make this MVS label:

spine.jpg

Probably there is already something like it, but I`ve never actually seen one, so please dont flame me if there is :kekeke:

The original file is in hires .psd format, so anyone can change the text - even serial numbers.

If anyone is interested to host let me know! Kthnx.

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Well your just choosing one varient. As there are a number of dif labels.. this actually resembles some of the MVS games labels out there.. pending dif fonts for the serials etc.

DSCF0087.jpg

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
lol
Nostromo label>>>wizkid007 label. OG Aerofighters 2 looks nothing like that.

Last edited:

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Nostromo said:
The other day I was extremely bored so I decided to make this MVS label:

spine.jpg

Probably there is already something like it, but I`ve never actually seen one, so please dont flame me if there is :kekeke:

The original file is in hires .psd format, so anyone can change the text - even serial numbers.

If anyone is interested to host let me know! Kthnx.

How big is the file? PM me and I'll see about feeding it to my website.

Ok I replaced my Top Hunter fake label with my version of the label, it looks like this:

tophunter.jpg

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
looks pretty damn good for a fake label. it's also way easier to work with than with simple .jpg and .bmp files.

i just ditched my own colored labels and might use your template to replace them. had all black ones with white lettering printed, but the black looked more like a dark grey, after they put some foil on them. (not laminated, but similar)

I couldn't stand the stock labels, so I designed my own:

compare.jpg

More colorful if you ask me, even have genre specific colors and a screenshot. ^_^

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Nice label.. good job compressing it. Mine wouldnt get that small even with winzip, which is why i never released the psd. They look almost identical though side by side except for a few logo placements here and there.

Anyways good job

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
the trick that he used was to make the file greyscale -- it's a 1200 DPI image! That'd be about 8 megs in full color!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
...Does anyone know about php image rendering classes?

if so I could get this label maker ACTUALLY working :(

http://80.235.135.160:81/mvslabel/

(port 81)

yeah it SUCKS, but thanks to nostromo for the image anyway, if I knew anything about image rendering I might be able to replace the serial and font on the label (lol)

:( but I just thought I'd show you for now so you can tell me how broken it is :(

but .. one day? eh? :make_fac: :eye:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Lime2K said:
the trick that he used was to make the file greyscale -- it's a 1200 DPI image! That'd be about 8 megs in full color!

He could get image even smaller then considering the printing process would be fine with half that dpi.. U dont need it to be that big considering the actual printing label is the size of it is. Just good for adding super small details that would never show up anyways on the label.