MVS - ELA Board Voltage Issue

drmadd220

n00b
Hello guys - working on repairing my 4 slot big red - I purchased new EL panels from Glowhut and am working on getting them installed. Well it seems I have another issue coming from the MV-ELA board that powers the EL panels. I believe that the board is supposed to output 120volts AC to the panels. What I am seeing is 10 volts to slot 1, 145 volts to slot 2, 165 volts to slot 3, and 165 volts to slot 4. (The voltages are read while that slot is active, otherwise the voltages are 0). As a note: The MV-ELA board is discolored on the input side - I measured the 2 resistors and they are reading 1.1 ohms. I do not have a cap meter so unfortunately I can't measure the cap right next to it.

Would really appreciate any help to fix this and get my marques lighting up again. Thanks in advance.

drmadd220

n00b
Ok - I think it may be a couple of the Triac (AC0V8DGV) - would anybody be able to measure what AC voltage is going to your EL panels?

drmadd220

n00b
Replaced the slot 1&2 triac with the 5&6 (since I only have a 4 slot these are not used) - this however did not fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok - I think it may be a couple of the Triac (AC0V8DGV) - would anybody be able to measure what AC voltage is going to your EL panels?

drmadd220

n00b
I finally did figure it out - nothing was wrong with the MV-ELA invertor board. It was the actual old EL panel. When measuring the voltage going to each panel, I still had the old panels hooked up not thinking that a faulty panel was drawing too much current and dropping the voltage. Disconnected the old panel and BAM - voltages right back where they should be. Thought I would post this back up in case someone else had a similar problem.