MVS cartridge color question

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Just wondering if specific colors for MVS game carts are more desirable and command a higher price.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
There are rental mvs carts that are white that may go for a different price, other than that, colors don't affect the prices.

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
None they are all the same.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I can't say for value or rarity, but personally I like the clear or color tinted clear carts. I super love holo labels with fully intact serial numbers, but thats another story/topic.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Thanks. That's what I thought. I was talking with this douche bag who owns this retro game store near me. His prices were stupid high. Alarm bells went off when I mentioned this forum and he said said he was left the site and no one liked him.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yes! I just checked his ebay listings. He has an AES set of all the metal slugs for $1.9 million!!!
Hard to imagine why nobody here liked him.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I don't particularly like the SNKG shells so I tend to shy away from buying them. It could be because the carts I've gotten with those somehow are always the most beat to the point of falling apart. I got a Windjammers cart like that and replaced the shell with a clear one from J Kurtz.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The white and clear ones are often discolored. Clears are handy for seeing the boards but I prefer black or the other colors. Charging more based on color is BS though.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Thanks. Haha, that guy must have been a major scumbag on here for you guys to know who I was dealing with that quickly. Guy creeped me out... rude SOB looked like a major tweaker.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Thanks. Haha, that guy must have been a major scumbag on here for you guys to know who I was dealing with that quickly. Guy creeped me out... rude SOB looked like a major tweaker.

Did Yosh talk to you about God by chance? Or how we're all trapped in God's machine, or something along those lines?

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Did Yosh talk to you about God by chance? Or how we're all trapped in God's machine, or something along those lines?
Haha no. He went on and on about his wife in Japan and how much of a big deal he is in the game import scene. He was fidgeting so bad. He walked outside twice to smoke within a 20 min period. Then he ripped his employee a new one right in front me. Felt so bad for the employee, he was a nice guy. I think he was fiending for a hit bad, couldn't sit still and his hands had sores on the back. I don't know how that guy stays in business, everything is so overpriced it's nuts.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Haha no. He went on and on about his wife in Japan and how much of a big deal he is in the game import scene. He was fidgeting so bad. He walked outside twice to smoke within a 20 min period. Then he ripped his employee a new one right in front me. Felt so bad for the employee, he was a nice guy. I think he was fiending for a hit bad, couldn't sit still and his hands had sores on the back. I don't know how that guy stays in business, everything is so overpriced it's nuts.

HOLY SHIT, he's totally on the meth. :eek:

EDIT: Yeah, ol Yosh went downhill quick after his banning from the forums, no one really knows how he stays in business. Seriously.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
He went on and on about how much of a big deal he is in the game import scene. I think he was fiending for a hit bad, couldn't sit still and his hands had sores on the back. I don't know how that guy stays in business, everything is so overpriced it's nuts.

lolz Fuckin' tweaker, he is big in the import scene though........big pile of shit! :thevt:

Ask him how that $5,000 Egret is doing hahaha

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
lolz Fuckin' tweaker, he is big in the import scene though........big pile of shit! :thevt:

Ask him how that $5,000 Egret is doing hahaha

I saw that. He was telling me that it has a rare Toshiba monitor in it and it's worth a ton. I'm like, dude, it has burn on it. His response: if it were perfect it would sell for twice as much! The prices in there were incredible. My guess is he's either a drug dealer testing his own product, or its a front for some other illicit activities.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I prey he is a tweaker, just before he hits rock bottom we'll finally get some good prices outta him.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yes! I just checked his ebay listings. He has an AES set of all the metal slugs for $1.9 million!!!

Oh right. I saw that listing a month ago. Guy's insane if he wants that much for the slugs.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Oh right. I saw that listing a month ago. Guy's insane if he wants that much for the slugs.

I really don't think he wants to sell it. He's just hoping to drive the market up.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He's just bummed out that NGF didn't ask him to sell Irritating Maze joystick version and Stefano got the deal.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Man this dude sounds like a piece of work glad I've never met or dealt with him