MVS cabinet question

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Mine while in excellent shape I feel is missing something. Around the 19" screen you can see where it's bolted in and the light from behind if a source is behind the machine.

Did SNK include some kind of black border around the screen you slide in under the glass or should there have been something affixed to the glass itself?

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Post a pic of yours so we can see if it looks like something is missing.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
19" screen? That may be why the bezel doesn't hide all the mounting crap. What cab is it?

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Sounds like you're missing what's being discussed in this thread. I think it's a cardboard monitor bezel in its original form. Here's one I found quickly in eBay:
Ctf9ZZY.jpg

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
My Neo Geo Big Red cabinet has a 25" Wells Gardner k7000 monitor and there is a black cardboard bezel behind the glass.

It rests against the monitor and it is not attached or glued in any way. If I remove the glass the bezel will come out easily.

My bezel looks similar to this one:

http://www.arcadeshop.com/pics/atari-cocktail-cardboard-bezel-black-ast-mc.jpg

Here's a picture of my cabinet but it's hard to see the bezel:

https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/neo-geo-big-red-in-the-collection.jpg

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Bah was f'd that up, it's 25" not 19" and yeah it must be the bezel, couldn't think of it when I wrote that. I was at work, a tad distracted. :) I'm at work now too, just fed up staring at it for the moment. At the bottom I put a picture of the cabinet from the day I got it in the house before I put it in its final resting place to the right of my desk here. Every work day while I am at it since my screens are set to the side I have NEO*GEO MVS staring me in the face just over the top.

MVS-2-25 That's what I have. You can see around the rounded edges of the monitor into the machine and the mounting bolts around the top/bottom of it. TheSegaDude there nailed it. Black fitted should be resting there bezel is missing.

I did know of HardMVS, I did some heavy research and bookmarking of things once I got the cabinet as I don't like to be stupid about stuff if issues pop up or when I try to restore/replace things. Did the same with my Pin-Bot machine too.

neo-geo-mvs1.JPG

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I did know of HardMVS, I did some heavy research and bookmarking of things once I got the cabinet as I don't like to be stupid about stuff if issues pop up or when I try to restore/replace things.
That's cool, didn't mean to talk down to you, only trying to help...

Good looking cab btw., hope you find a Bezel or can make one (maybe SegaShelfQueen can measure his).

Spoiler:
Temple of Doom is weak. :keke:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I didn't think you were, and yes Temple of Doom is weak, but I got that basically within days of the ride opening at Disneyland like 20 years ago and it was the only one left. I've got minis of the other 2 old ones, then a full size of Crystal Skull to the right of ToD. And if anyone is looking for more joke value, no MG2 is not giving Godzilla a robo-handy.

The cab I've cleaned up since, it's really very very nice inside and out, just lacks the bezel is all. I'll have to see about finding one for it I suppose. It's kind of odd that it's missing.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Good looking cab btw., hope you find a Bezel or can make one (maybe SegaShelfQueen can measure his).

The SegaShelfQueen would be happy to measure the bezel if Tanooki thinks that would help. :D

My cabinet was refurbished by the guy I bought it from so I don't know if what I have is stock but it works well.

And I agree. Your cab does look very nice. Once you have a bezel it will look excellent!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I wouldn't mind getting new ones either if this becomes a thing.

The two I have in each of my cabinets have creases in the corners.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
When making the bezel, I've found using heavy grade card stock works great. Some Neos have a red bezel and others have black bezel.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Some company put one up on ebay shortly ago in red with the Samurai Shodown II set of sticks glued to it, but it's meant for Fatal Fury I guess due to a sticker, plus it has a few bends in it and they want $75 which seems greedy to me.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
You could easily make your own. At the very least you can use that till you can find a proper bezel at a much more reasonable price.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
When making the bezel, I've found using heavy grade card stock works great. Some Neos have a red bezel and others have black bezel.

I ended up not bothering replacing my bezel because it wasn't bad enough to justify it, but you can literally just buy some black posterboard and a square in it and it should be perfect.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
What happened to the sheet of tempered glass? You still have that, right?

I don't follow, nothing happened to it. It's still mounted there. I've only removed it once to date just to clean the glass on both sides.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Ahh well it is neo-geo.com though. I've had quite a few mention that, but the only other image I have of it is my 4 year old playing Bust-A-Move and you can see it in that, but I don't like putting my kids picture online.