MVS and saving high scores

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'd check the games for you if I lived where my MVS stuff is, sorry. What you should do though is write down the scores you want to save, since you're going to lose them at some point anyway when you insert enough games.

Last edited:

KyRol

n00b
Not sure if this belongs here or on the General board...

Anyway, for some reason two of my games don't save their high scores. I turn the machine on, play and set some high scores then power it off. The next day or so I turn it back on and notice all my scores are gone. This is only happening with 2 out of the 20 some MVS carts I own. The two games not saving scores are Twinkle Star Sprites and Ninja Commando (both are 100% original carts). Is this normal for these games or is something else going on?

I'm playing them in a MVS-2-25 BigRed cab with the stock BIOS. All soft dip settings are retained (even for the games not saving scores), and scores are retained for all of my other games.

Also, the credit display soft dip for Ninja Commando appears to do nothing. I set it to "Off" (or "Without") and the credit display still shows. Is this normal for Ninja Commando?

I'm afraid that my suggestion will be not helpful, however I post my opinion anyway. Get another MVS motherboard and check if situation occurs in very same manner as on the precious board with even more precious scores. I had very same kind of pain back then in 1998. I worked hard to max out my scores in World Heroes Perfect on my local arcade. We had missing one button in this game, but I was capable to go through entire game with perfects with Ryofu and Eric. If I remember correctly my scores which I was capable to beat with ease daily (because of faulty battery) was around 13 000 000 points. I did not had access to any camera to shoot the photo even from one of these days. Today I'm very rusted, I can not go even close to 10 million points. I do not know is it AES or MVS in your case, but regardless of that I could not sleep well without at least one extra copy of MVS/AES.

Last edited: