MVS 4 Slot Wiring Question

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Ok, I know this is a VERY rudimentary question, but I am an electrical noob.

I have an original 4 slot, SNK, big red; the stereo one with the save card slot. I took the 4 slot board out for a bit and put in a Turtles in Time board. Fun as that was, it's time to put the original 4 slot board back in.

Hooking everything back up is pretty easy. All the connects really only have one place to go. . . Save for the green wires.

I am assuming these are ground wires? Were they attached to the legs of the board? I can't for the life of me remember from where I disconnected these things.

Any help is appreciated.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lads Lads Lads...

Help the guy out... I'd consider it a personal favour...

xROTx

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Ok, I know this is a VERY rudimentary question, but I am an electrical noob.

I have an original 4 slot, SNK, big red; the stereo one with the save card slot. I took the 4 slot board out for a bit and put in a Turtles in Time board. Fun as that was, it's time to put the original 4 slot board back in.

Hooking everything back up is pretty easy. All the connects really only have one place to go. . . Save for the green wires.

I am assuming these are ground wires? Were they attached to the legs of the board? I can't for the life of me remember from where I disconnected these things.

Any help is appreciated.

Maybe a pic of the cables or telling us where the other end goes would help.

RyoGeo

It occurs to me that there are many, many green wires inside a Big Red, and anyone reading probably said something akin to,"Hey, dumbfuck, which green wires are you talking about!"

So, to minimize dumbfuckery, here is a shot of the specific wires to which I am referring. They appear to be a part of the cable set that routes from the 4-slot board to the memory card board that is mounted on the under side of the control deck.

BTW, everything on the cab does work. I just don't like the idea of loose wires in an original cabinet for no reason. They obviously are supposed to go somewhere, i just don't remember where that somewhere is.

CXQ5fRc.jpg

Best, all, and thanks.

Last edited:

RyoGeo

CRAP!

And now that I see the image writ large, I see another pesky green lead in the bottom right corner. I'm assuming I can just attach it to whatever I attach the other 2. Stupid, anal retentive tendencies.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Yes, ground wires. You can use the screws holding your slot cover down to secure them.

RyoGeo

Ah, thank god. I was thinking that they were originally attached to the feet screws (obviously, they were) but wasn't positive, and I didn't want to fry anything.

Thank you!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yes, ground wires. You can use the screws holding your slot cover down to secure them.

Job Done... I owe you one allowed PM:D and possibly a favour (depends what it is:D)

xROTx