MVS 161-n-1 wont load games

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I am not sure what version I own but I can go through the game list but when I select a game it freezes. I tried it on two different 1-slot boards so I know it is the cart itself.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
So get another one. They're cheap Chinese crap. Not worth the time or effort to diagnose and repair.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I am not sure what version I own but I can go through the game list but when I select a game it freezes. I tried it on two different 1-slot boards so I know it is the cart itself.
Check that hard dipswitch 8 (pause) isn't switched.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member

prof

Q-tip, 91% iso alcohol from the drugstore. Dip the tip, and scrub those contacts with it. Worth trying that before ordering a new one, homie. Especially if it worked before, and is cutting out intermittently now. Could be that easy of a fix.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Q-tip, 91% iso alcohol from the drugstore. Dip the tip, and scrub those contacts with it. Worth trying that before ordering a new one, homie. Especially if it worked before, and is cutting out intermittently now. Could be that easy of a fix.
Just the tip…

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I already thoroughly cleaned it with 99% isopropyl alcohol. I was looking online about the cart needing extra voltage compared to other carts however that was for an AES. Maybe something desoldered within my super gun while moving homes. Is that possible ?

prof

Maybe? But if that were the case, then you'd probably have similar freezing issues with other carts. Do you have any other MVS carts to test with?

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Maybe? But if that were the case, then you'd probably have similar freezing issues with other carts. Do you have any other MVS carts to test with?
yup all the other carts work fine, did a whole playthrough of Metal Slug X last night.

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
There is a pinned thread about problems with the 161 in 1 module, I had to resolder things so mine would work properly

littlecharlie

Quiz Detective

Worth a try

My board had the same issue. After selecting a game in the menu of the 161 cart, it freezed. All other games worked fine (except metal slug 3)
The problem was a bad solder on a resistor

Last edited: