MVS 1 Slot question

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Hi all I have a 6 slot motherboard that has had battery leakage and now I get the click of death. I want to swap it out for a MVS 1 slot so then at least I can still use the machine. Can I simply straight swap a 1 slot into a dedicated Electrocoin 6 slot cab or do I need a specific 1 slot motherboard? IMG_20230321_213647.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The early 1-slot boards, the MV-1, MV-1F and MV-1FS, all have a stereo/mono switch which will allow you to a do a straight swap to an MVS-wired cab like this one. Otherwise you'll need a "JNX v1.2 Big Red Adapter" from Jamma Nation X to use a jamma-wired 1-slot MVS board in this cab. However, with the jamma 1-slot boards you will only get mono sound.

The 6-slot should be fixable. If you know how to test and patch broken traces, there's a good chance it will just be a matter of testing and fixing the traces in the area with the leakage. Clean the damaged area with some vinegar, followed by IPA first. I would start there.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Thanks Alec for your help. I'll have a look for one of the earlyer boards that you suggested as I want to have a spare anyway. I'll keep investigating the 6 slot as was working when I installed a new battery. As soon as I removed the battery and all solder from the holes it gives me the click of death.