MV1C RGB output to scart. Hot to wire it?

Pippo

n00b
Hello all,
I live in Europe and TVs here all have RGB scart inputs.

I am trying consolizing a MV1C and want to i stal a female SCART connevtor to tge console. Then use a Scart to Scart cable to connect tge Console to my TV

Its a Loewe consumer TV.

Can i just wite the RGB signas (RGB,GND,Sync, +5V, LR audio) directly to the female scart pins ?

Attachments

• EB3AD45C-0719-44D2-8061-E16CEA725FE6.jpeg
    EB3AD45C-0719-44D2-8061-E16CEA725FE6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3806.png
    IMG_3806.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 0

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The RGB lines are way too hot for any consumer set. To do it properly you need to build a video circuit, I order these from OSH Park and build them for mine:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Why does everyone insist using an RGB buffer now, including Jamma Nation X? You're advising to build the OSH Park board? That's a lot.

I upgraded mine to the Tian Feng video encoder board meant for the Omega MVS, and perhaps it's more electronically correct, but I didn't really see any benefit.

If you don't want to go the encoder/video buffer route, here it is:

75ohm resistors (may need to go 220ohm if screen is too bright) and 220uf capacitors on the RGB lines
470ohm resistor and a 220uf cap on the sync line

In my experience, if you're running this on a modern flat screen (preferrably through an upscaler) changing the crystal oscillator from the stock 24mhz crystal on an MVS to a 24.16mhz crystal (found on later revision AES models) has far more of an impact on picture quality. Sourcing a good replacement for the 24.16mhz crystal is a bit of a pain.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Why does everyone insist using an RGB buffer now, including Jamma Nation X? You're advising to build the OSH Park board? That's a lot.

I upgraded mine to the Tian Feng video encoder board meant for the Omega MVS, and perhaps it's more electronically correct, but I didn't really see any benefit.

The Tien Feng encoder board is virtually the same circuit as that Oshpark board. And the correct way to do this. It's also what the Open MVS uses.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The Tien Feng encoder board is virtually the same circuit as that Oshpark board. And the correct way to do this. It's also what the Open MVS uses.
Yes. My point is the system seemed to work fine with just the resistors and caps on the lines. I got the board, and it didn't seem to really matter.