Mv1 or Mvf1?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
MV1F is newer, but MV1 is easier to repair AFAIK.

Hey aha2940, what aspect of the MV1 board makes it easier to repair? I'm running an MV1FT in a dynamo cab with no issues, but I have a backup MV1A board and am curious about any potential pitfalls I could encounter. Figured I'd keep the MV1 as a spare, but would like to know any common issues between the two boards for future trouble shooting. Thanks for shedding some light on this.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hey aha2940, what aspect of the MV1 board makes it easier to repair? I'm running an MV1FT in a dynamo cab with no issues, but I have a backup MV1A board and am curious about any potential pitfalls I could encounter. Figured I'd keep the MV1 as a spare, but would like to know any common issues between the two boards for future trouble shooting. Thanks for shedding some light on this.

IMO, the MV1 board is easier to fix because many of its components are through-hole (easier to replace) and are also off the shelf components (not all, but many).

Regards.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks aha2940. That's definitely good to know. I thought the additional layer of complexity between the two boards was simply related to potential stereo sound issues, etc. Glad to hear that a majority of MV1 components are off the shelf. Maybe I'll rethink my donor board strategy.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I guess you already know this, but if you haven't already: REMOVE/REPLACE THE BATTERIES ASAP.
A common issue is also bad sound, can be remedied easy with new caps though.

Yeah I've run into battery nightmares before *shakes fist at capcom suicide batteries*, so that's one of the first things I check now aside from leaky crt flybacks. I appreciate the heads up though. I didn't realize that mvs batteries were a more prevalent issue than I previously thought. Good to know!