Missing Graphics on Omega CMVS

caughdrops

n00b
My copy of Neo Turf Masters is missing graphics when I play it on my CMVS. I can't see the shot clock, bottom displays, main menu, among others. I can see most of the important graphics, but was wondering how I go about fixing this? My other MVS carts work just fine.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Did you try cleaning the cart contacts? Do you have another mvs mobo you could try the NTF on?

caughdrops

n00b
I cleaned them, suspecting that could be the cause, but no dice. Unfortunately I do not have another mobo to run it on. I wasn't sure if maybe a chip got knocked out of place in shipment or something, and I'm still fairly new to owning Neo hardware.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What other games do you have? I'm pretty sure it's the cart, though.

1up

Galford's Armourer
most likely your NTF cart has a damaged chip on the CHA board, try cleaning the contacts first.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have Windjammers, Magical Drop III, and The Last Blade. I'm afraid it's a bad chip, but I don't even know where to begin with that mess.

When you open up the cart do you see any jumpers on the board? Check inside and see if anything is amiss. Clean whatever you can. You'll be surprised how cleaning some of these old boards could solve the problem.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Try your cart on another mobo before blaming the CMVS ;)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have Windjammers, Magical Drop III, and The Last Blade. I'm afraid it's a bad chip, but I don't even know where to begin with that mess.

On the Neo Geo boot screen, does NEO GEO and SNK show up?

caughdrops

n00b
When you open up the cart do you see any jumpers on the board? Check inside and see if anything is amiss. Clean whatever you can. You'll be surprised how cleaning some of these old boards could solve the problem.

I did not find any jumpers or anything amiss, and the cart was incredibly clean actually.. Probably a lot cleaner than my other carts!

On the Neo Geo boot screen, does NEO GEO and SNK show up?

Great question I forgot that the SNK and Max 330 message don't show up at boot, just Neo Geo.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Check for bad traces and cracked solder joints. Even very fine cracks can cause issues so using a loupe is helpful.
If those all check out you have a bad rom or NEO273.

caughdrops

n00b
Check for bad traces and cracked solder joints. Even very fine cracks can cause issues so using a loupe is helpful.
If those all check out you have a bad rom or NEO273.

Yeah solder joints are clean with no cracks. Looks like I need to replace some chips after all.

caughdrops

n00b
Well ironically enough now the sound is starting to act glitchy, and my EPROM burner stopped working. Would anybody be willing to look at it if I send it to you? Not sure if this would be the appropriate place to ask.