Metal Slug longevity

NebraskaDragon

GO BIG,
Which Metal Slug game is the longest? I will probably only get one of them, and am trying to gather as much information as possible before I make my decisioin.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I haven't played 4 yet, but I've played all the others and Metal Slug 3 is definitely the most epic one. If you're just concerned about longevity, MS3 is the way to go probably. It just does the most, plain and simple.

I will say this though, you should consider picking up MS1 as well. It's fairly cheap on MVS and there's no filler (something MS3 has in certain areas).

Both of those are my favorite for different reasons.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I agree, I consider Metal Slug 3 the longest. I haven't played the fourth either.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
MS1 is one of the shortest ones (if not the shortest ones) in terms of actual game length, but it's the one I keep coming back to the most often, so I get the most play out of that one.

I think it's the best game in the series in terms of balance and level design. It is a "fair" enough game to where you really can go through the entire game in one life (I haven't done that yet, but I feel that it is possible). In the others (especially Metal Slug 3 and 4) I don't think that that's really possible unless you're superhuman.

Anyway, that's kind of off topic, but that's why I like MS1 the best.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Galford Forever:
MS1 is one of the shortest ones (if not the shortest ones) in terms of actual game length, but it's the one I keep coming back to the most often, so I get the most play out of that one.

I think it's the best game in the series in terms of balance and level design. It is a "fair" enough game to where you really can go through the entire game in one life (I haven't done that yet, but I feel that it is possible). In the others (especially Metal Slug 3 and 4) I don't think that that's really possible unless you're superhuman.

I know it's possible because I beat each level with one life.

I just haven't managed to put it all together in one all missions cleared shot.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
EvilWasabi:
Galford Forever:

I know it's possible because I beat each level with one life.

I just haven't managed to put it all together in one all missions cleared shot.
Which one are you talking about Charlie? MS1? Yeah, I'm almost certain it's possible in that one. I can do it in two credits on the hardest difficult with the standard amount of lives per credit.... which isn't anything really special to most of the gang here, but it's something special to me wink .

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I have completed MS1 on one credit but not one life.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I finished Metal Slug 1 on one life many times wink

Metal Slug 2, only did it one time on one life. I did many one-credit clears, but often losing 1 or 2 lives... I hate the very beginning of the last stage, and the bridge part :( if I could get through that, finishing the rest of the game was trivial in comparison as long as you stockpiled enough bombs to take out the mini-UFO's on the last boss

but yeah, back to the original topic at hand. I agree with Galford Forever in that Metal Slug 1 is the shortest of the series, but it definitely kept me coming back for more compared to the rest. Metal Slug 3 is probably the longest in terms of time it takes to reach the end, but after playing it a second time I never wanted to touch the game again frown

NebraskaDragon

GO BIG,
Interesting. I notice in the voting thread that the general populous is torn between 1 and 3 for favorite. Which is yours and why?

Gemant

Member,
to me the metal slug 1 is lasted 5 years .... (1996-2000)

metal slug 1 is ultra longest (for secrets, hi score strategy, leeching techniques, and others.....)

in other metal slug games there are little things to find

in first stage of metal slug 1 there are 268 total enemies

and maximum score (first stage only-difficult 4)is 280.000

Gemant

Member,
in metal slug 1 the enemies not are infinite but they are hidden....

to find them, (and to kill them) I must wait for in determines points of the game

this happens alone in the first metal slug, in other metal games the enemies is limits, and they are only those that are looked at in the game

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
amazing.. I'm still on the survive side of play at present/mixing a bit of scoreleeching in too. :)