Metal Slug 1 MVS slowdowns?

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi,
playing Metal Slug 1 on a CMVS-2 (Unibios 3.0, in the second slot there is Art of Fighting) I get a lot of slowdowns in game, even during "fade to black" scenes.

Is this normal? :spock:
Thanks.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Does it get slowdown when alone? There is some slowdown in the game, but only when there's a lot of action going on.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Does it get slowdown when alone? There is some slowdown in the game, but only when there's a lot of action going on.

As this guy said, the game does get slowdown when there's lots happening. The final level is an excellent example of this where the game throws about 100 soldiers at you in the first 2 minutes.

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
So I suppose it is normal, thank you.
In the first level, where the first Slug appear, there is a big destructable "house"... I get slowodowns at this point and where there are a lot of sprites.
But also on "fade to black" scenes (e.g. "Mission complete") or during the end scrolling.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
There are slowdown in MS1 but not very noticeable unlike MS2
Have you clean your cart or try other games to see if any unusual things happen?
There must be something wrong when slowdown occurs on "fade to black" screen......

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
There are slowdown in MS1 but not very noticeable unlike MS2
Have you clean your cart or try other games to see if any unusual things happen?
There must be something wrong when slowdown occurs on "fade to black" screen......

Anything is subtle next to Metal Slug 2, but the first game does actually have a fair amount of slowdown. Even in a handful of counter-intuitive places. Writing this now makes me wonder whether anyone has dug around to see if it is affected by the exact same issue identified in Slug 2, given an earlier or identical version of the engine.

Metal Slug Turbo, anyone?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's normal, you can overclock the system to help it.