Metal Gear Series Metalthon

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
So with MGSV:PP out and since it's the end of the series, I'm going to play through the entire Metal Gear series in chronological order.

The series goes in this order...

MGS3
MGS:PW
MGSV:GZ
MGSV:PP
MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS4

I'm going to play MGS3, MGS:PW, MG, MG2, and MGS2 on the Legacy Collection for the PS3. GZ I have for PC and PP I have for the PS4 (tho I bet for the PC it's better).

I need to finally get a micomsoft capture card for stuff like this smh. I plan to play all the games on at least the HARD difficulty and not be found or any continues. I'm going to try and get thru the first 3 as quick as possible so I can focus on PP for a while.

I'll update this thread with my progress.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
What about Portable Ops, Rising, or Acid?

Or the non-canon games like NES MG, Snake's Revenge, Ghost Babel, or Twin Snakes?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
This thread has made me realize there's an insane amount of MGS sequels. Why the hell are there so many?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, that's a rather silly question, don't you think?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I've beaten 1,2,3 and 4 with no alerts, no kills... Well except where you have to have an alert...

It was a test of patience, and I was unemployed at the time.

Good Luck and have fun with it!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This thread has made me realize there's an insane amount of MGS sequels. Why the hell are there so many?

Metal Gear fans will buy anything.

A remake of a remake of a remake, a 40 dollar demo, whatever you've got.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This is awesome! Personally, when I'm doing a MG Marathon I prefer playing in release order instead of chronological order. Also, Peace Walker is a VERY long game. Not as long as Phantom Pain, but you could probably play the entire rest of the series (minus PP) in the time it takes to get through PW the first time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Same here, release order for me and only starting from MGS and keeping it console 'cause it's just too much...maybe I'll play Twin Snakes or not but even now I prefer the original MGS.

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
What about Portable Ops, Rising, or Acid?

Or the non-canon games like NES MG, Snake's Revenge, Ghost Babel, or Twin Snakes?

I'm not sure if PO and Acid are canon and I don't know much about Rising. I have the demo for it on ZOE HD Edition tho. I believe the events in Rising occur after MGS4 correct? I don't think I'll be playing the NES games in this marathon since I have so much on my plate already, but it would be cool to play them side by side with their original counterparts. When it comes to twin snakes I'm not interested either. Speaking of Twin Snakes, I'm still trying to decide which console to play MGS on... PS3 (PSN), PS1 (RGB), or DC (bleemcast)? I'm having the same dilemma with the MG games for MSX... I think it would be best to play those on an RGB monitor or maybe I'm being too snobby (plus I have my PVMs put away lol).

I've beaten 1,2,3 and 4 with no alerts, no kills... Well except where you have to have an alert...

It was a test of patience, and I was unemployed at the time.

Good Luck and have fun with it!

I forgot to put no kills in my op. Thanks for reminding me

This is awesome! Personally, when I'm doing a MG Marathon I prefer playing in release order instead of chronological order. Also, Peace Walker is a VERY long game. Not as long as Phantom Pain, but you could probably play the entire rest of the series (minus PP) in the time it takes to get through PW the first time.

Do you start from MG or MGS? Technically, MG was released first. I've played PW and I still have my save for it on the HD collection but I can't find it, so I bought the Legacy Collection and have to start from fresh. I believe I was pretty far into the game. I was about halfway through building my metal gear. That is where I left off in the series. I still have yet to play GZ or PP even tho I own both. This is such a daunting task! lol

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I've done this a few times. Good luck, its so worth it!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The acid games aren't canon but PO is.

Because it's a popular series you yambag.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I usually start with MGS, I've only played through the msx games once via the Legacy Collection. MG 2 is REALLY good.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Kojima stated in an interview one that PO's overall story was canon but there are details in the game that aren't.