Making charge partitioning with Remy made more clear

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Some people have trouble doing this, so i'm here to boost my ego and help you out.

I recall reading up on this and I played a good remy player and he showed me how to do it, I was doing this earlier on my dc port of third strike. (I'm done with 2I for the time being)

So its basically pretty simple.

In KOF you can use chars like ryo/takuma and you do fbf+A/C moves to do the zanretsuken.

Its the same Idea with charge partitioning, only its different because you charge the initial back instead and do the next two motions immediately in succession.

So we have:

charge back, forward back + LP/MP/FP end of screen, Remy throws a projectile.

Okay, realize that when you do the second part *forward back* you do it really fast and and the back is almost non existent in your move, you will throw one of his projectiles. Now you are going to do the exact same thing with LK/MK/FK exactly as the first one hits the opponent, and you are going to do the original with LP/MP/HP again, but you will notice you can do these sooner then waiting for the original to hit the opponent, keep switching between the two, you can also do this with his EX projectiles *ouch*. You will also have a flow that should develop for you rather fast.

MAKE SURE you read the above, its not hard to do this, it just takes timing.

So lets do 6 of these in a row.

Remy at the end of the screen, opp far away at the other:

Charge back, forward back+LP

Charge back, forward back+LK

bam, thats how you charge partition.

Last edited:

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
I parry the crap out of Remy players who use the charge partitioning projectile bullshit using Hugo. I can get a nice rhythm going parrying high then low as Hugo can't duck the high projectile, helps me to warm up! :D

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Man, if you can use Hugo competantly, you gotta be good at parrying.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Man, if you can use Hugo competantly, you gotta be good at parrying.

damn true true. like the mofo doing 720 after parrieng the first few hits of a super. thats some crazy shit.

ray_7

thanks, thats a great read.

i've always wondered how those Remy players throws projectile non stop..

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That's not really the charge partitioning that people have trouble with. The one people have trouble with is breaking up the charge times. Kind of like charging down for a second, and then doing a dash and during the dash you charge down and immediately do his flash kick. Alex makes very good use of this with his head stomp. I also like to break down his charge times during whiffed mps, then dash forward, complete the charge, and then do his headstomp to crossup on an unsuspecting opponent. That's the kind of charge partitioning that really fucks people up.

The only downside to it is that once you have the charge completed, you can't break it up. Meaning, if you charge down for a second, then dash forward while charging, then let go without using it, the charge is lost, and you have to recharge everything. So once your charge is stored - use it or lose it. That's where the timing problems come in hand.

ray_7

how long do the charges last anyway?

i mean once you charges, how many steps forward can you take before its gone..

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
how long do the charges last anyway?

i mean once you charges, how many steps forward can you take before its gone..

Once it's charged up you have to use it. That's why it's critical to get the timing down of when it's stored. There's a 3s video where this Remy player has the timing down PERFECT and does insane shit like 20+ hit combos to people in the corner with charge partitioning. Lemme see if I can find it..

ray_7

Wes said:
Once it's charged up you have to use it. That's why it's critical to get the timing down of when it's stored. There's a 3s video where this Remy player has the timing down PERFECT and does insane shit like 20+ hit combos to people in the corner with charge partitioning. Lemme see if I can find it..

i love remy so much, its just so hard using him so i guess once i master this i can at least play him the way he should be played..;)

oh wes, while you're looking for video, can you find any with good akuma player in it? i've always wanted to see him played properly..

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I found the video and am uploading it right now. I also have an Akuma video you may be interested in.

ray_7

Wes said:
I found the video and am uploading it right now. I also have an Akuma video you may be interested in.

aw thanks, you're the man!:)

after this thread i feel like playing 3S again, the thing is i left my DC back home.

always wanted to get the CPS3 but with all the talks about the dead battery... :oh_no: