lurker joining the club.

Zoddhand

n00b
Greetings, Newbie here I'm 26 and I've been into arcades for about 10 years or so and Neo-Geo has been on my "must own" list from the start. I finally found a 2 slot for a good price this year ($150) from an old laundry mat. It was in rough shape but after painstakingly restoring it in the Texas heat its looking good as new :eye:.

The pcb still needs some work though. It has some corrosion and broken traces (which i'm pulling my hair out trying to fix) so I'm sure you'll see me posting in tech support eventually.

Here's a picture of my humble arcade. currently redoing my garage so its a bit bare in there right now. I'm mostly into the 90s stuff since I love fighters/shmups. also the Ms.Pac-man and the tempest/sf2 monstrosity are both projects.

Arcade.JPG

Hopefully I can contribute something to these forums eventually.

Thanks.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Nice setup for a guy that's just 26. Interesting to see a Street Fighter in what looks like a Tempest cabinet. Welcome to the club!

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Welcome to the boards.

Your home arcade looks great. Good luck with that 2-slot you're working on.

Zoddhand

n00b
Nice setup for a guy that's just 26. Interesting to see a Street Fighter in what looks like a Tempest cabinet. Welcome to the club!

Yeah I bought it from the same place as my neo-geo. I'm going to eventually turn it back into a tempest i'll be buying parts for it when i see good deals.

shelcoof

New Challenger
My body was ready for the image... but I can't seem to access it :(
what a let down

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
this may be the worst decision of your life.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
i like this place.

your garage is nice, I suppose hot with no insulation though? so you get all swampy trying to play?:scratch:

Last edited:

Zoddhand

n00b
i like this place.

your garage is nice, I suppose hot with no insulation though? so you get all swampy trying to play?:scratch:

Haha yeah its so bad right now.
But i'm in the middle of fixing it up including drywall/insulation. I keep telling myself "winter is coming"

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Looks great bro! As a fellow young guy, and having four arcade cabs in total as of right now with 2 on the way, with some being projects,
I feel were in a similar boat, especially if you could see the history of some of my cabs. If I could give you any advice, I'd say come up with a clear game plan for what each cab should be, then execute one, in its entirety, and see it through before even lifting a finger on the next. Bird-dog that project until youre super happy with the result. Even if its fixing it up for a goal, a la selling it etc. I made mistakes by not knowing what games I wanted in what cabs, starting on one, only to realize it's better served as a whole arcade if it were something else. Getting overwhelmed/spending too much money on rebuying different asthetics (t-molding, marquees etc) and then quitting due to exhaustion.

Not saying youre anything like that, but just keep it in the back of your mind not to fall into that trap. You've got a super solid lineup of cabs and could have a great and varied/tailor made arcade when youre through, and Id love to see your progress!

TL;DR

Dont buy a fucked up 19" World Warrior cab for $200, put your heart and soul into making it a 2- slot MVS, to then make it into a 4-slot, to then make it into a 3rd Strike, debate about making it a Puzzle Fighter for a year, then settle on Super Turbo which you still dont own... or do, but just have a ton of patience and money xD

And dont buy a Blast City for $10 and think you got a good deal.

But f'real, I hope you update with pics or start another thread for your arcade, Im genuinely interested to hear/ see what your plans are!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Welcome! I got my first (and only) cab at 28. What are the other ones besides the Neo, Darkstalkers, & SF? BTW great idea to restore it back to tempest - my fav 80s arcade game!

Zoddhand

n00b
Welcome! I got my first (and only) cab at 28. What are the other ones besides the Neo, Darkstalkers, & SF? BTW great idea to restore it back to tempest - my fav 80s arcade game!

The big konami cab was my first purchase (Marvel vs Capcom) but i'm thinking about turning it into a simpsons. The yellow one is a generic dynamo cab for vertical shooters mostly. and the one with the blue t-molding is a mame machine I built a long time ago.

Last edited: