Lunar Knights DS...........

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Just started playing this and it is really good. It also offers single card, multi-player play for 1-4 players as well but I have not tried that.

I didn't see a topic for this game, so I am not sure if anyone is interested in this or not. I enjoyed both Boktai 1 & 2 but didn't like having to actually use sunlight in the game. Being in MN that can be a problem at times.

Top left corner of the game case states "from the creators of the Metal Gear Solid series". I guess I had missed that they were the makers of this game.

Nubcakes

Stakes Winner
How much did you pay for it?....Also, what kind of game is it...send an ad for it.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Nubcakes said:
How much did you pay for it?....Also, what kind of game is it...send an ad for it.

It is $29.99 and is an action adventure game.

You tube has several good videos of it if you just put Lunar Knights DS into the search bar.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I think Play-Asia has a sale on Lunar Knights right now, $19.90 not including shipping, I was thinking of getting this title, I liked Boktai a lot, but my gaming plate is quite full right now.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Is this game related to the Lunar series in anyway?

bokmeow

T.A.P. said:
Is this game related to the Lunar series in anyway?

No.

Japanese title is "Bokura no Taiyo DS: Django to Sabata." I think they changed the title to "Lunar Knights" for the English release to separate the title from the previous releases maybe to set it apart from the Boktai franchise, 'cos from what I understand sales weren't stellar, and truth be told, 'Boktai' is rather lacking in description as a portmanteau of the original title, 'Bokura no Taiyou.'

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Bought this tonight. Played about 10 mins. So far I think contact is a better game but I just started. Who knows.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Damn, another stellar handheld release that I really want to buy right now, but cannot. Hopefully being a Konami title means it won't be hard to get a couple of months down the road.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
GD said:
Damn, another stellar handheld release that I really want to buy right now, but cannot. Hopefully being a Konami title means it won't be hard to get a couple of months down the road.

Odd thing is I had one hell of a time finding a copy. They were either sold out or all on reserve. Luckily one of the emplyees I know at EB Games already bought his and let me have the one he had on pre-order. Boktai and Boktai 2 are hard to find, so this moght be difficult in the future as well. Alright, enough talking, need to get to playing.

P.S. - I love you Hideo Kojima.:drool:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Damn, with Crackdown and VF5 out this month I am already strapped for cash. Now I have to worry about not being able to get a copy of this game.. :(

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
GD said:
Damn, with Crackdown and VF5 out this month I am already strapped for cash. Now I have to worry about not being able to get a copy of this game.. :(

I know, I had to skip on Capcom Puzzle Collection so I could get this. Ah, the sacrifices we make. :crying:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
It sounds like you get extra power (or something) if you put in Boktai 1 or 2 into the GBA slot. I got rid of my Boktai games a long time ago. Not sure if the bonus is worth it or not.

As for Lunar Knights, I think that it is excellent. All the reviews I have seen have been above 8 as well. I think the game will be available for a while, so as long as you pick it up in the next few months, you shouldn't have a problem. However, I am surprised at the amount of DS games that can be difficult to find. With the DS being so popular, you would think that the shelf life of the games would be longer.

bokmeow

Gameoz said:
It sounds like you get extra power (or something) if you put in Boktai 1 or 2 into the GBA slot. I got rid of my Boktai games a long time ago. Not sure if the bonus is worth it or not.

As for Lunar Knights, I think that it is excellent. All the reviews I have seen have been above 8 as well. I think the game will be available for a while, so as long as you pick it up in the next few months, you shouldn't have a problem. However, I am surprised at the amount of DS games that can be difficult to find. With the DS being so popular, you would think that the shelf life of the games would be longer.

I'm guessing it's a production issue of something, like, flash ram prices maybe? The GBA never used that, it was always battery backup.

I really want to play Wario Touched!, but that title is nowhere to be found, which is baffling, that almost never happens to Nintendo first party titles. Although the title I really want is the Japanese original, 'cos I couldn't stand the dubbed song in Wario Twisted, so I vowed to get the original Warioware title the next time if possible.