LOTRO Anyone playing ?

Andyh

Cheng's Errand Boy
Pre-ordered this a month ago and have been playing through the beta, and now full release.

Both myself and my gf are loving this game, easy to get into, good quests, very system friendly, no where near as broken as vanguard, i would suggest it to anyone into lord of the rings and mmo's.

In fact it has caused me to cancel my wow account!

Andy

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I wasn't a fan of WoW and the general consensus is that it is almost identical. What do you think?

For now I'm holding out for Sword of the New World. I'm not getting my hopes up on that either though...I may never find a suitable replacement for FFXI :p

Andyh

Cheng's Errand Boy
tokengamer said:
I wasn't a fan of WoW and the general consensus is that it is almost identical. What do you think?

For now I'm holding out for Sword of the New World. I'm not getting my hopes up on that either though...I may never find a suitable replacement for FFXI :p

To be honest it is very similar to wow, if your not a fan of that i wouldnt suggest it unless your a big lord of the rings fan of course :)

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Andyh said:
To be honest it is very similar to wow, if your not a fan of that i wouldnt suggest it unless your a big lord of the rings fan of course :)

I play WoW...so that's probably what I'll be doing.

I'm looking foward to the Warhammer MMO myself...

Andyh

Cheng's Errand Boy
ViewtifulZFO said:
I play WoW...so that's probably what I'll be doing.

Now that is one game i really cant wai for ! but seriously, if your a fan of wow check out lotro.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
Same here. Warhammer looks so promising. Not shipping out to '08 though. I don't know if its for development reasons, or marketing move in hopes that WoW crowd will bleed off a bit and they can snag the falling market share that WoW once had.

Anyways, I am seriously considering getting into LOTRO. My co-workers are starting up, and I'd like to get into an MMO on the ground floor. I got into WoW late, so I was constantly catching up.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
This game really lacked any type of hook imo. I bought it at launch played for about 10 hours and after that I had no desire to log on again.

One thing I didnt like was the quest structure I spent so much time just running around trying to find where the hell some random mob with a low spawn rate was. The npcs dont really provide any insight on how to complete the quests. Just a general go north. That is usually fine as i like exploring but not running all around just to find a mob that seems to be scattered all over the place. Example one quest was kill 20 boars. I found them all over the map but the problem is each area only seemed to have one damn boar so I was running back and forth for 40 minutes just to get 20 of them,

I was pretty excited to try the game but was really dissapointed. I dont think I will ever touch it again.

Andyh

Cheng's Errand Boy
Neco_Coneco said:
This game really lacked any type of hook imo. I bought it at launch played for about 10 hours and after that I had no desire to log on again.

One thing I didnt like was the quest structure I spent so much time just running around trying to find where the hell some random mob with a low spawn rate was. The npcs dont really provide any insight on how to complete the quests. Just a general go north. That is usually fine as i like exploring but not running all around just to find a mob that seems to be scattered all over the place. Example one quest was kill 20 boars. I found them all over the map but the problem is each area only seemed to have one damn boar so I was running back and forth for 40 minutes just to get 20 of them,

I was pretty excited to try the game but was really dissapointed. I dont think I will ever touch it again.

I certainly agree with the spawn rate on mobs, i spent AGES in the old forest trying to kill wolfs along with like 20 other people ! was daft !

Im really enjoying the story quests, at least they are instanced so you dont have the camping problems.

I think they need to keep churning out new content though the game world is far too small at the moment.

Andy