Looking for New/Repro AES Inserts & labels

vash32

n00b
I've started getting into Neo Geo AES more & more now but sadly most of the games I got are just the carts and no cases & inserts.
Also, got into making some of my MVS games into AES. Sadly need labels for them. (mostly thinking of making the MVS to AES, then AES to MVS, so all parts are used.)

Neooldstore looks to have a great list of games... however I got one of the inserts before for my copy of KOF97 & sadly it looks bad. (this was like 4 years ago)
The insert itself looks well done but the artwork used is very jpg-like & looks very bad next to my other 100% AES games.
Most other sites I've seen are only selling MVS inserts for Shockbox. Looking to get one for KOF2003.

I've also seen some Inserts on eBay but not sure how well that look. If anyone knows some good seller, let me know.

Right now I'm looking for both Insert & Label for Kizuna Encounter & Metal Slug 1,2, & X.
I'll be getting a MVS Neo Turf Masters that most likely needs a new Vs or M1 chip as it has sound problems that I'll most likely move to an AES board.

I going to need some inserts & cases for The Super Spy, Real Bout Fatal Fury, The King of Fighter 95 & 96.
UPDATE: Just won two more AES games, so I'm be looking for The Last Blade & Robo Army as well.
By the looks of things, the Neooldstore may be my best go-to for labels but inserts may have others sites & eBay sellers.

P.S. Long-time user but 1st-time posters.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
P.S. Long-time user but 1st-time posters.
Also:
"Right now I'm looking for both Insert & Label for Kizuna Encounter & Metal Slug 1,2, & X.

Looks like you don't know how this forum works.

And just all of a sudden, you're not looking for a Mutation Nation or World Heroes insert. But for a freakin Kizuna, and all other Slugs...

You really think people in here are that dumb? Not bad for a first post where you don't even introduce yourself :)

vash32

n00b
Also:
"Right now I'm looking for both Insert & Label for Kizuna Encounter & Metal Slug 1,2, & X.

Looks like you don't know how this forum works.

And just all of a sudden, you're not looking for a Mutation Nation or World Heroes insert. But for a freakin Kizuna, and all other Slugs...

You really think people in here are that dumb? Not bad for a first post where you don't even introduce yourself :)
Well, I listed the games I have right now that need them. I don't own Mutation Nation & World Heroes, I have a fullset of World Heroes 2 & Jet.
I'm looking for The Super Spy, Real Bout Fatal Fury, The King of Fighter 95 & 96 Insert.
I do have World Heroes 1 & 2 for MVS so I'll most likely get a insert for Shockbox for them sometime.

Plus I own Mutation Nation on Neo Geo CD. I have almost all the CD games. I got Metal Slug 1 & 2 on it as well.

I'm no good at introducing myself, never have been. What you like to know, I've ripped rare Doujin VHSs and given them out for free on Nyaa?
As well as other rare LaserDisc of anime. I posted how to add FRAM to a Neo Geo CD on Twitter. (It's very easy, the pinout is the same)

I've moved my Metal Slug X chips to a new board to get off the Altera MAX chip that can die. P1 is the only removed part.
Most likely will do the same for my Metal Slug & 2. Sadly doing it for my Metal Slug 3 MVS will be too hard as I'm not looking to kill a rare game like KOF99.

As for Kizuna Encounter, I got some carts of Samurai Shodown 2 (JP) that have no cases. So I just swapped them both from AES to MVS & MVS to AES.
Sadly V2 & V3 chips of my Kizuna are bad (sound problems) so it's not 100% anymore. (MVS label was gone before I got it. It was most likely JP before.)

I got two Kizuna before, I sold the 2nd on eBay like 3 or more years ago.
At the time someone was selling a lot of them, I end up getting two as the 1st one was having sound problems. Fixed the bad one for me & sold the 100% working to someone on eBay.

P.S. If you look, I Joined Apr 2, 2014. So yes I've been here for a long time but never posted before.

Attachments

• 20211211_190206.jpg
    20211211_190206.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211211_190246.jpg
    20211211_190246.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211211_190254.jpg
    20211211_190254.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211211_190415.jpg
    20211211_190415.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211211_191431.jpg
    20211211_191431.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211211_191901.jpg
    20211211_191901.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Ed4t8s5X0AESs2_.jpg
    Ed4t8s5X0AESs2_.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Where are you in VA? There are still a few members around that live in VA, not as many as we once had.

vash32

n00b
That is right. I'm not online very much but do come by and look here & there at times.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
That is right. I'm not online very much but do come by and look here & there at times.

Hi. I am nice to meet you. How muchs are ya looking for Kizuna, can I seem some pics of the boards? I am serious about AES collecting and have been buying them for like 10+ years now on hear and on ebay and also YAJ aka Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Edit: Im not in AV but Im in the USA also so no customs to deal with

xxxGUMMYxxx

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
So what made you finally decide to post after being around here for 7 years?

vash32

n00b
Hi. I am nice to meet you. How muchs are ya looking for Kizuna, can I seem some pics of the boards? I am serious about AES collecting and have been buying them for like 10+ years now on hear and on ebay and also YAJ aka Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Edit: Im not in AV but Im in the USA also so no customs to deal with

xxxGUMMYxxx
Sorry, it's the only copy I have, so it's not for sale. Will like to get an Insert & Label for it, Neooldstore looks to be the only site selling labels
It's not 100% anymore as the V2 & V3 ROMs are bad. I used two 27C160 to fix it. The 100% copy was sold long ago on eBay.
I may have a Metal Slug X MVS board for sale that can be used to fix another MSX that has a bad Altera MAX chip.
So what made you finally decide to post after being around here for 7 years?
Well I come & go, I've never been very online as I've used 56K Dial-Up for way too long. The Network is very bad now but faster than dial-up.
Mostly just thinking I'll ask for help. Hell, I'll be happy to just find a nice template, and then I can try making my own.
It may not look 100% real but as long as it looks good and know what it is that is fine by me. (Printing may be a problem for me.)

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Man where the heck do you live that Dial up was still a thing/? lol

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You're in Virginia?
What versions are you looking into? If it's English, you're going to have to create your own. I could probably help you with original KOF 95' 97' JPN versions you listed. Neo-Oldstore is a go-to for JPN MSX,not ENG.
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Man where the heck do you live that Dial up was still a thing/? lol
If you've ever owned a C=64 1541 Disk Drive,dial-up is still viable,it's the bloated,inefficient apps that are the problem.
BB

vash32

n00b
You're in Virginia?
What versions are you looking into? If it's English, you're going to have to create your own. I could probably help you with original KOF 95' 97' JPN versions you listed. Neo-Oldstore is a go-to for JPN MSX,not ENG.
BB
Yeah, the only one that needs to be English is "The Super Spy" as the others are JP labels or don't have any. KOF 95' 96' I'll most likely need.
(KOF 97' is a full set so I'm good on that one.) I order a real 95' insert from Neo-Oldstore, that's most likely good. Also, have an AES of Waku Waku 7 that is sadly just EPROMs but got it for a good price but the artwork looks very bad. May look into getting something for it as well.

Use to use Dial-up for all my online needs. I play PSO2 on it (not PSOv2, the new one) not for downloads, as it is way too slow but got online to play.
Also used it to play some Metal Slug X on netplay on some PC app, not sure what its name ways anymore but was fun.