Looking for an artist to hire

K

Konoha Flash

I'm looking for somebody to help me design the artwork I plan to put on a stick I'm having built. I suck donkey balls at this sort of stuff, so I'd like to hire somebody to hook it up for me. I have a couple ideas, and am currently scouting the net for pics and such. I just need somebody to make it flow all together and put a touch of class on it. Will throw down $25 to anybody that wants to help out. Just keep in mind that I pay when I decide on the artwork I plan to use. So this means you could make 2 or 3 that I may not even want.

This is SonGohan, in case anybody is wondering.

NOTE: I'm not talking about drawing anything. Just creating something cool with various pictures. Looking to get something in the style of: http://home.comcast.net/~dreadedfist/pics/sm2.jpg

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
don't need anything painted on? I could do that if you wanted. If not, then nevermind I guess....

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Were you looking for just the artwork or someone to apply it also ?

If you don't find something you like from members here, try local tattoo studios. Not only are they highly creative, but alot of tattoo artist are good with airbrushing as well as the skin ink.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
If you want a real artist, and something really original, you better be ready to pony up more than $25.

K

Konoha Flash

ViceMikey said:
If you want a real artist, and something really original, you better be ready to pony up more than $25.

Read my post again and see how yours is completely unnecessary.

K

Konoha Flash

ViceMikey said:
Read my post again and see how yours is completely unneccessary

Obviously you didn't even look at the SRK thread, which says I want a collage of pictures already avaiable on the internet. Even in the first post I said I didn't want an artist that draws or anything like that. Hell, I even said it was SF3-oriented (with captures from the game), so it wasn't even "original" to begin with. Are you through looking stupid, or do I have to break out the crayons for you now?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Sounds to me like you just need someone photoshop-savvy to put together a graphic for you using exisiting stuff pulled from the net?

K

Konoha Flash

pixeljunkie said:
Sounds to me like you just need someone photoshop-savvy to put together a graphic for you using exisiting stuff pulled from the net?

Exactly. I can cut heads off of people and put them on naked men. That's about the extent of my ps skills.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Yeah, In today's high tech society you want someone who knows how to trace pics of the web using Adobe Illustrator NOT Photoshop. I can do it but believe me the work itself is worth more than $25. And yes I did read you're post...but nothing can top a handrawn illustration.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Pocketgamer said:
Yeah, In today's high tech society you want someone who knows how to trace pics of the web using Adobe Illustrator NOT Photoshop. I can do it but believe me the work itself is worth more than $25. And yes I did read you're post...but nothing can top a handrawn illustration.

only reason for this is if you are blowing it up considerably. Your post is retarded.

K

Konoha Flash

NeoCverA said:
Send me that SF3 3rd Strike Logo.

I can't find a good rip of it online, so I'm going to have to download the DC iso and take a capture of it. I'm on a semi-fast torrent, so it shouldn't be long. Thanks for replying!

(all the other jackasses who can't read in this thread can get the fuck out now)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
SNK Guitarist from SRK forum said:
Alright, I've decided to get a joystick done by dreadedfist. My main concern now is getting a good slab of artwork on there. I'm using the Japanese Sanwa layout (http://vgtab.net/files/sanwalayoutJ.psd). I'm wanting a third strike themed stick, and more importantly Alex. I was thinking of something along the lines of their portraits like in the verses screen (with Alex (http://vgtab.net/joystick/6.gif) in the bottom left and Hugo (http://vgtab.net/joystick/18.gif) in the upper right), with on the lower bottom middle the sprite capture of the Alex and Hugo prematch staredown (http://vgtab.net/joystick/alex-hugo-intro.gif). The first frame of the gif would be fine. The characters will have to probably be enlarged though, but I don't mind it looking a little pixelated. The Third Strike logo on the upper middle top would be nice as well (can find a good capture of that). I can't think of anything to go in the background, so something classy would be nice.

That's just the basic idea. If somebody could bring it to life I'd donate some money or something. It really sucks that I can't do something like this myself :( Thanks to any who take this project up. I really want to get the artwork done so I can send off to get this stick made.

Using a logo I used for another project, this is what ive come up with based on your specifications. Perhaps we can move forward from here.

sogohansanwalayoutJ-copy.jpg

Last edited:
K

Konoha Flash

Jesus Christ, that is fucking sweet!! My only complaint is the blue circles around the character portrait, and maybe Hugo is fading down too low (maybe cut it shorter so it doesn't clash so much with his stage bg).

Another thing that's getting me is that Alex/Hugo sprite is cut off. Maybe if Alex is put in the upper lefthand corner and Hugo is in the lower right hand, maybe they can be moved over so they don't clash with the buttons? The logo would have to be moved a bit to the right to maintain some sort of consistancy, though. I don't know how that would look overall though. You think that could work too?

Thanks again dude, you totally rock. This will be the sexiest stick.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Konoha Flash said:
Jesus Christ, that is fucking sweet!! My only complaint is the blue circles around the character portrait, and maybe Hugo is fading down too low (maybe cut it shorter so it doesn't clash so much with his stage bg).
Another thing that's getting me is that Alex/Hugo sprite is cut off.

gohanoringsanwalayoutJ.jpg

Here's a version with Alex and Hugo main art moved.
gohansanwalayoutJ2-copy.jpg

EDIT:
And another:
sogohansanwalayoutJ21-copy.jpg

How it may look:
gohancopy.jpg

Note: the distance from the left side of the stick to the beginning of the Alex/Hugo vs. sprite is the same distance as the Right of the stick to the end of the Logo.

Last edited:
K

Konoha Flash

Looks good. Give me a bit of time to think creatively in my head if you could. There's a lot of ways I would switch things, but something never clicks with me whenever I play with it in my head. Trying to find that nice feng shui.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Konoha Flash said:
Looks good. Give me a bit of time to think creatively in my head if you could. There's a lot of ways I would switch things, but something never clicks with me whenever I play with it in my head. Trying to find that nice feng shui.

:spock:

K

Konoha Flash

NeoCverA said:

Something I didn't clarify? I just want to think all the aspects over in my head before I make any other suggestion. The stick and button layout hinders the way I want things to flow. I'm just going over all the possibilities in my head at the moment...cool?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Konoha Flash said:
Something I didn't clarify? I just want to think all the aspects over in my head before I make any other suggestion. The stick and button layout hinders the way I want things to flow. I'm just going over all the possibilities in my head at the moment...cool?

I just hope I have the time to work through any new ideas you may bring to this project (especially if its something totally different than your original idea). I don't know how much of a hurry your in to get this done but from what I read, you seem to want to get this done fairly quickly.

K

Konoha Flash

Yeah, I plan on having it finalized by tonight. Is that cool with you?