Looking for a music player for iOS .....

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
that will display songs by "filename"? Every player I try just has the usual artist , album , genre , etc...

If one doesn't exist, what's the best minimal player? I don't care about album art/visuals.

Thanks!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Afaik, if yout mo3 files have no tags, itunes will put them in the iphone/ipod using the filename as only tag, and the ipod default player will sort them by that.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
You could try using iFunBox to import music files instead of iTunes, that should get you just "sort by filename". Be sure to name them well, like if they're all from one album or source (e.g. video game), prefix the filename with initials.

KOF,Mai's Theme.mp3

like that.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I don't know anything about displaying filenames or whatever, but VOX is an awesome minimalistic player. I used to love WinAmp back in the day and was looking for something with that same user experience on OSX, and VOX is what I settled on.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I don't use iTunes at all. Been using 'SynciOS' to manually copy tracks over to the iPhone. Honestly, I don't like having an iPhone... always had Android & was using a Galaxy Note 2. I have an iPhone 6S right now because it was given to me(had water damage and a broken screen). I fixed it myself & only spent $95 on a new screen. Figured I'd give it a try. Would love to trade it for a Note 5 or an S6/7.

In the meantime, I will give VOX a go as WinAmp had been my favorite player since it's initial launch(please come back!)