Linked Mvs League Bowling

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I linked the Big Red up to the Neo Gold machine today..LINKED LEAGUE BOWLING
It's not as easy as it sounds..
But it's cool when it's done..

I didn't realize there was DIPS to be switched involved.

MVS_LINKlong.jpg

Basically my Red cab doesn't stay in the position it is in now..It's swung around so that it sits side by side with the Tekken 3 machine.
I can swing it around as it is ..if whoever plays "wants" to see what the other player is doing..#5-6 or 1-2
They are no longer faced together..But still linked up.
MVSLINK9.jpg

This is one hard picture to take with my Camera.
MVS_LINK5.jpg

I had to drill two holes in the back wood panels of each cab. .(making them nice)..Run the link cable out of a Neo Geo AES Riding Hero cart to both MVS carts/cabs..Either hole is used in each cart...it only matters if more then 2 cabs are linked..
It switched them around,it doesn't change anything.

The cable is not that long so you have to finagle it into both cabs while moving the cabs around if you have them up against things like I do.(being careful)
In soft dips "I" match everything up between cabs...Timers/level etc.
Put MULTIPLAY ON for both cabs.

I'm not sure if these settings matter..I'll have to change some SOFT dip settings between cabs and see what happens..Like the LEVEL of Difficulty for one.

I have BEER FRAME set ON in both cabs but I don't see this come up on screen in Multi-Link Play..

HARD DIPS...(On mother board switches)

CABINET 1..Big Red
Switch on Dip Switch #6 on the Big Red.(lead cab)....So, #6 & 7 is pushed Down..(# 7 Freeplay)

CABINET 2..Neo Gold
Switch on Dip Switch #5,6....So, 5,6 & 7 is pushed Down..(# 7 Freeplay)

Though one CABINET is the lead cab as I call it...CABINET 1..Big Red,both cabs have the Multi-Link Play option in the Menu now that the link cable is connected.

I have not tried to Start a Muli-Link Play game up from the Neo Gold machine yet...I will try and update if it works.

One you choose Muli-Link Play in CABINET 1..Big Red..It waits for players...then you have to choose League Bowling on the second cab "If" it's not playing it's demo..Otherwise it'll kick the game right in to choose a Player.

That can be Player 2..Player 3 or 4..But Player 3 or 4 register as player 5 & 6 on the Neo GOLD...The 3&4 player slots on the score card are darkened... Player 7-8 are also darkened spots.

The SCORE CARD for all players are shown on Both cabs and each cab waits for other players too finish.

And It'll show who came in 1-2-3-4th place when the game is over.

I don't know why the second cab registers it's players as 5-6....there has to be some reason for this that I don't know of ..Yet.

I can play as any of the Players..2,3,4 player game
I can play just one player on one cab and the second player on the second cab or 2 on one cab(either cab) and one on the other.
Basically if I don't want to sit next to someone during a "Two player game" I can sit at the other cab.(True 2 player link)..Whatever Player slot is not being used shows up as the Girl on screen as always.

I will add info as I mess with it more..

MVS Link Cable Instructions - Front - Back
On this page..(Briggs Site)
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/Downloads.htm

My next step is to link up two more cabs for a 8 player linked up game..(Need more Carts)(later in time)
And Linking other Linkable Games..

Have any questions..Ask me..I'll have the two cabs linked for awhile..

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
That's actually pretty cool.
Do you have other people that can play against you?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
League Bowling is one of my favorite sport games on the neogeo i was woundering what it's like in 4p mode.It's quick and easy to get into.Please give some impression when you get 4 ppl to play. :multi_co:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
xtoo_short20x said:
That's actually pretty cool.
Do you have other people that can play against you?

Thanks xtoo_short20x..

Yes..I just have to round them up.. :p
I really wasn't going to do this today..but,I had a little time on hand and decided to finally try it/set it up.
My son plays this game a lot..He was actually hitting the A button on the Neo Gold so I could keep the game going along quicker(I have the timers set on 20)
He was doing this while I was trying to get good picks..(I'll take more)

Now that I have this set up I will invite some family and friends over for a League Bowling Tournament..(A better set-up Tournament)

I try not to play in the League Bowling Tournament/s if there are 4 or more people wanting to play.
I like to let them have the fun..plus I feel I have an advantage since I play it a lot.

I want to try Thrash Rally next...

But first I need to buy two more League Bowling carts so I can Link the Tekken 3(throw in 1 slot).to the Big Red to the Neo Gold and to the Candy cab..For an 8 player or less game..That'll be insane...

Due to the matching size and height of the Tekken 3 machine to the Big Red(monitor etc)..Putting in a 1 slot and linking that cab to the Big Red may be more of a match for League Bowling Tournament. :confused:

Somebody may b../complain over monitor size...(I try not to give any room for losing due to complaining over something not the same as in the other cab)
Another reason why I'm going to buy another Big Red "someday"..(A twin)...

Tron 2.0 said:
League Bowling is one of my favorite sport games on the neogeo i was woundering what it's like in 4p mode.It's quick and easy to get into.Please give some impression when you get 4 ppl to play. :multi_co:

Will Do.. :)

Well,you can play 4p mode with one cab..this just makes it better..
With one cab set on 4 player people have to keep moving over/around to play taking turns.
This way 4 people can play and not have to move..

My wife's parents will really like this set -up now...
They like this game and they are pretty good at it..Both Bowlers in real life.

After I get some people over here to play I'll post how they liked it..

Playing this game with 2-4 players is a lot of fun as I wrote below.
Everyone was playing on the Big Red until I threw a League Bowling in the Neo Gold...Basically making it more convenient for everyone.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93761
We had sort of a League Bowling Tournament here tonight..Between Family and friends..
I've never played so many games of League Bowling.

I want to do the link between the Red cab and the Neo Gold cab (but) I need to get a better understanding of the cab link up from this page..
http://www.hardmvs.com/images/linkC...eoLinkFront.jpg

I did MVS(UNI BIOS) to AES link no problem but I'm confused on this link up...Mainly if any dips need to be switched.
So,I was trying to throw another 300 perfect game/take picks when company showed up...
Damn it,I wish I had the link set-up but they wanted to play right away..So I had League Bowling running in the Big Red and in the Neo Gold machine.

My wife had the highest unbeatable score of 279 tonight...None of us could get that 300 or beat her.

I will get that 300 again...My wife wants to get it before me now... but I need to do it when I have a good quiet night.
She reminded me that I did have a picture of the 300/perfect game...Though I still don't know where it went.

We had a lot of fun and it was the only game everyone played.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
link up

Hi Chris,
I tried to link 2 cabs up but had problems,
I set the dip switches as on hardmvs and softsip multiplay on,
when i turned on both cabs cab 1 would be player 1,2 and cab 2 4,6 but I did
not seem to get any coms between the cabs, they just played as if they were not linked...
I think the problem might be one of these four....
1, I am using 6 slot boards on both cabs and all slots are filled with games..
2, I am using one cab with a unibios and the other with a euro bios..
3,I am using a screened stereo jack to jack..should it be unscreened ??
4, the stereo jack on the top of the mvs cart looks tarnished..maybe a bad connection..

Any ideas Chris ??

Another thing do you know if you have to address the cabs the same when using thrash rally link up...??

I have a couple of these and will give it a try some time.....

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
thegreathopper said:
Hi Chris,
not seem to get any coms between the cabs, they just played as if they were not linked...
4, the stereo jack on the top of the mvs cart looks tarnished..maybe a bad connection..

Any ideas Chris ??

Another thing do you know if you have to address the cabs the same when using thrash rally link up...??

I have a couple of these and will give it a try some time.....

Hmmm..So did you see the screen come up that waits for players to join in..?
Like this..
MVS_LINKlong.jpg

Wheras the numbers count down..?

In order for the two cabs to play together players on both cabs ..Must be started choosing at least one player on one cab and one on the other (must press start button)
On the Second Cab it'll register Player -5 & 6

Here's what I do..I use the Big Red as the Lead Cab..I turn both cabs on..
League Bowling is in the FIRST slot of the board (with other games 2/2/4)NBM/DriftO/ZB..
I start a League Bowling game on the Big Red choosing MULTI LINK PLAY..When I choose this the count down screen as in the above pic will come on..(I set all the timers in Soft dip on 20(Make sure ALL soft dip settings match between games)

If League Bowling is on showing Demo in the 2 Slot Neo Gold I will NOT need to switch to that game from that cab..It will automatically acknowledge the link request and also jump right to the count down screen as in the above pic.
Then I Must choose a player pressing 1 or 2 players also on the second cab..pressing Start/Choose Ball Weight etc..
The start buttons on both cabs have to be pressed to acknowledge a game between cabs.
League Bowling is in the "Second" slot in the Neo Gold machine..behind Baseball Stars 2..
So IMO..It doesn't matter what slot the carts are in,..Though I'd try them both in slot one in both boards to narrow that down..

If League Bowling is not in Demo mode on the Neo Gold/second cab then I must select to it then move down to MULTI LINK PLAY on that cab where it will now match the numbers on screen with the count down...If you see both cabs counting down together then they are linking..
If I do not choose to start a Game on League Bowling then the link request will not respond.
Thus putting both carts in slot one will knock that problem out..And with ALL timers set on 20..

While the games are in play the only way you will tell if it's working is a player on cab one or even both players will have to wait for the players on the second cab to finish up.(it'll say Please Just a Moment on one cab for both players on that cab waiting for the other cab..
Plus you will see the score card come up on both cabs With Player 1-2-5-6 Highlighted on the cart skipping 3-4..7-8 ( 3-4..7-8 are not highlighted)

It plays together wher you'll see the players throwing at the same time but in a Bowling fashion sort of giving courtesy to the other players to keep up..

I've heard the music sound a bit off between cabs say where one cab seemed to be ahead of the other but then it matched up again..
I thought the link had broke between cabs but it didn't.

Then when the games end it'll show who came in what place 1 through 4 or less or more depending on how many players were chosen,but there must be at least one player playing at each cab.

(As in that Big Pic in my previous post.)

Not a problem..Just put League Bowling/s in the 1rst slots.

Hmmm..Make sure to match the UNIBIOS to euro bios..I guess Euro Arcade mode.
I don't don't even know if that is an option..Shoot I forget...I've never chose that option in my Candy cabs UNIBIOS chip..
But when I linked the 4 slot(UNIBIOS) in the candy cab to an US AES,I had to choose US Console in the UNIBIOS settings on the Candy cab to get the link to work..otherwise it would not work..

OK..NOTE.
I just turned on my Candy cab ..UNIBIOS menu..
There is a Europe Arcade selection...That's what you need the UNIBIOS setting to be set on..

That I do not know...As long as it's Stereo..End to End.
http://www.hardmvs.com/images/linkCable/neoLinkFront.jpg

Oh..Yea..Very Possible..

Any ideas Chris ??

I believe so...Do to the info on Briggs site is used for general Linking and not for any particular game.

I have a couple of these and will give it a try some time.

Sweet....I still need to buy a second cart.....The last one I saw on EBay had no Port Holes ans sold for a pretty penny../relabeled cart.
They weren't made without the ports..but sometimes have had the case changed for some reason..

I also want to try more then ONE linked up cart between cabs..
Having League Bowling linked.. and Thrash Rally linked up .....between the two cabs..This should work..then do three Riding Hero x2..

Last edited: