Leave your closing thoughts for the decade here

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
6+ years since the last main page news update, lol.

And more than 10 since the last new referencing something outside the site!

personal favorite is the kof 10th anniversary graphic.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Our health isn't as great (NC has given me a more or less permanent case of seasonal allergies) but you're never gonna be at 42 what you were at 22.

32 here, can you go into more detail?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Why didn't I keep those bitcoins?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
32 here, can you go into more detail?

Don't heal as quickly, wake up with random aches and pains, easier to gain weight/harder to lose it, can't drink as hard without repercussions. Standard aging shit.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Don't heal as quickly,

This is the one I've really noticed. In my 20s if I pulled a muscle it would be sorted in three days flat without me doing a thing. Now a pulled muscle is three months of physio, and god forbid you do yourself any tendon damage, that will be at best a niggle until the day you die.

Libido is dropping too. Nowadays when the missus says she can't be arsed, rather than feel compelled to angrily smash one out myself I just kind of half agree and crack another beer.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
- Smart phones everywhere

Shit, I remember owning a Nokia in 2012 and talking with my roommate in 2013 about using the internet on the phone, which he had never done before either. Six years later and internet on smartphones has created a new culture basically.

edit: why does this feel like a Greg post

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Wait, I thought it was 1989... with all this nostalgia.

Puts on all denim and jumps on a dirt bike blasting Public Enemy.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Combine:

- Social media narcissism turns everyone in to the star of their own boring reality show.

With

- Social media and hyper-granular media

Jesus...I'm so fucking sick of political fighting, bickering, arguing, grandstanding, misinformation...

It's just never ending. The group that's not in power despises the one that is and the never ending fighting over it is maddening...and social media has taken the noise to a completely different level.

The violent creation of political party "sides" has really got out of hand. If someone is not in line with your political beliefs, they're now the "enemy"...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Combine:

With

Jesus...I'm so fucking sick of political fighting, bickering, arguing, grandstanding, misinformation...

It's just never ending. The group that's not in power despises the one that is and the never ending fighting over it is maddening...and social media has taken the noise to a completely different level.

The violent creation of political party "sides" has really got out of hand. If someone is not in line with your political beliefs, they're now the "enemy"...

I mean one party is a threat to America and has put itself before the country and its people many times now. Anyone who calls themselves a Republican openly is fair game.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
*Yes, sausage, can you provide an example of the absurd political polarization currently tearing America apart?

I mean one party is a threat to America and has put itself before the country and its people many times now. Anyone who calls themselves a Republican openly is fair game.

*Perfect example, thanks for sharing!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Combine:

With

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
-Citizens United changed things forever.
-Disney media monopoly.
- Capitalist mass media propaganda machine.
-Decade of shitty movie remakes.
- Decade when being a "nerd" became "cool".

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I'll admit it, I'm not a huge SNL fan but that was great.

I imagine that many black Americans are sitting there watching this mostly white-driven shit show like is some kind of head on traffic collision.

-Decade of shitty movie remakes.

2010-2020 movies have pretty much been shit...

I really did like Blade Runner 2049 tho...

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
To me the last decade has been a lost decade like how you read about it for younger Japanese during the late 80's and most of the nineties.

My careers stalled and frankly for the 12 years not only am I afraid I've peaked but that there's really nothing left for me. Superficially I suppose I've amassed more items and comfort but it doesn't really mean anything.
Pretty sure I have a higher calling and purpose.

I dunno it seems like in the 90's-00's I had more hope and optimism about the future. I don't know if there's something real to that or if I'm just becoming older, jaded and resigned.

I got divorced and know it was for the best. I've got two young boys though and I want to do everything I can to make that they're setup and polished and have more opportunities than I did. (Not that I was that bad off)

I can be a solitary type person and frequently relish in it and love self reflection. At the same time though I can be an extrovert, at times not only getting along well with others but being the life of the party.

I really don't like the path technology is taking us. The last few times I've gone to bars everybody was just sitting there playing on their cellphones. When you go around trying to be cordial people treat you like you're crazy, a threat or bothering them. Really you go out to a bar just to pay too much for a beer and be anti-social? It's just like a box to check off that they went out and they want to be seen.

It's convenient to be able to find everybody in one spot on social media but in all to many cases it's replaced actually going out and doing things with people.

I despise looking for work online. HR can't even be bothered to spend 10 seconds reading a resume. In most cases they just hire an employees friend or relative. I've gotten almost all my jobs by driving around and introducing myself to everybody, almost an on the spot type thing. These days they call the police on you if you try and do that crap and the doors and parking spaces are locked up 24/7.

Everybody seems fake these days. Nobody seems to be a sincere genuine person anymore. There seems to be a general lack of being able to concentrate, form critical thoughts and sympathize/empathize with others. Everybody is just concerned about themselves and spinning their wheels. Lastly everyone seems to be living in some sort of alternate reality. They have some sort of delusion of grandeur, when they read about something that got done or see something IRL or on a YouTube video in their minds they did it themselves or at least can do it.

On the bright real TV shows have come back in the last 5-6 years, many of them having the production quality of major motion pictures. Reality TV seems to be going away and getting relegated to online media platforms like YouTube and Instagram. Wow people are making a killing on that crap, little kid made 22m last year for playing with toys!

I'm done with videogames from here on out with next gen systems. I'm totally tireed of DLC and firmware upgrades. I have no loyalty to Microsoft and only some partiality to Sony for its consumer electronics. I'll probably buy some Nintendo stuff for my boys over the coming years though.

With TV tech I'm not really excited about 4k-8k. I think I have one 1080p TV and that's good enough for me. At 720 I can start seeing into the pores and pocks in peoples faces. I do hope that 3D, VR and holograms keep advancing and go more mainstream.

I'm not happy about the direction this country is headed or society in general even.
It's becoming clear to me that the things I thought thought made this place great and special aren't the same values that other people hold.
In fact I'm not totally sure homo-sapiens are gonna make it.

Anyways in the last year I've bought a motorhome. I've been figuring out how it works and making it more me. I believe shortly I'm going to relocate or possibly travel and telecommute. I'm fairly certain I'm going to be relocating from this town or possibly region, it seems it's just a black hole sucking the time out of my life.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
- We are never getting an official discord for the site
- Michael Jackson is still a sore subject for forum members even after all these years since Thriller
- Watermarking pictures of your collection is uber gay
- Madman is missed
- Wyo is for real this time

Last edited:

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
- We are never getting an official discord for the site
- Michael Jackson is still a sore subject for forum members even after all these years since Thriller
- Watermarking pictures of your collection is uber gay
- Madman is missed
- Wyo is for real this time

DanAdamKOF should have his privileges re-instated. He's a good mod...I guess.