Last Blade 2 tips

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Hello,

i always loved everything about this game but have always also sucked at it.

Could somebody please give me some strategy tips, things to keep in mind, good characters to start with etc?

Any help on this would be very appreciated,

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Diavle18 ]</small>

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Tips I can give you is not to play it like any other SNK fighting game. Don't automatically start throwing out special moves left and right and expect to win. As you can tell, the pace of the game is a bit different. The game is more based on timing and pokes. Hell, you can even win a match just by using well timed normal attacks. Also experiment with the different sword types and see what fits your type of style.(I prefer power) Keep this in mind.

A good character to start off would be Kaeda. In terms of gameplay, he is neither fast or slow, neither strong or weak, he is an all round player. Just go practice with him a while.

Tadaima

Host for Orochi
K_Dash:
Tips I can give you is not to play it like any other SNK fighting game. Don't automatically start throwing out special moves left and right and expect to win. As you can tell, the pace of the game is a bit different. The game is more based on timing and pokes. Hell, you can even win a match just by using well timed normal attacks. Also experiment with the different sword types and see what fits your type of style.(I prefer power) Keep this in mind.

A good character to start off would be Kaeda. In terms of gameplay, he is neither fast or slow, neither strong or weak, he is an all round player. Just go practice with him a while.
Amen. I couldn't put it better.

Also, if you want to get into a real dame-dealing orgy, try Mukuro for he is extremely fast, overpowered and "reliable." When you'll VS a friend, you'll notice with a single special move, you'll deal as damage as your opponent deals with a three or four hits combo...

Good luck w/ your training and don't hesitate to bump that topic if you want some tips or if you want to share some anecdotes about that game. Don't forget there are many of us here who play that game intensely!

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Man..I was starting to think you all sucked too :D .

Anyhoo, those are some excellent tips guys. I prefer combos so I think i'll go with the speed sword.

Kaede seems a good around player, haven't given Mukuto a shot yet though.

I tried playing it and its totally different than the other fighter. But they still moped the floor with me, more practice is needed.

Thanks a million you guys :)

Terry Power

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Use fighters with long sword. Choose Speed, forward A(as many as you can), and end with C. Never use B, don't use Lee :( , he doesn't have a weapon.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Back + A, A, A, B, special move/DM.

That's about all the strategy you need for that game.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Use EX mode!

I started playing almost exclusively with power and then recently switched to speed then I got serious with EX mode and I can tell you that it is the most flexible and fun to use of the three modes.

Just get really good so the increased damage you receive isnt a factor.