kof XI combos???

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
neoboy225 said:
can somebody post some cool combos to kof Xi for kim, terry,kyo,king,ryo????

For the most part, if it looks like it should combo, it mostly does. This applies to supercancels and dreamcancels too. If you have the PS2 version, fire up practice mode and mess around a bit.

The characters you've listed all seem to have most of the same standby combos they've had for some time. Terry's C -> dwn-fwd+C -> DM combo still works (if you crossup or are in the corner, you can land both hits of his close standing D and chain into a dwn-fwd+C), Ryo seems to have most of the same combos he's had for the past few years (his LDM combos off a strong C or D hit just like it used to). King has a surprising number of basic-but-effective combos, like in the corner close standing D (2 hit) -> B-button tornado kick -> qcb x 2 + K DM juggle, though she still has the same stubby arms and legs she's always had and seems better off as a full-screen Sagat-style projectile chucker.

If you're interested in those characters and you're playing on PS2, you might want to give Robert a try, since he has some very interesting combos but has a well-rounded/aggressive flavor similar to the characters you've listed. He may or may not be identical to what he was in NGBC; I haven't played that game, so I couldn't tell you.

Robert's stock combo is close standing C (or standing D 1 hit) -> fwd + B -> fwd,bk,fwd+K, though he can also reliably combo a close standing C (or standing D 1 hit) -> fwd + A -> qcb + D. His old C -> fwd + B -> qcf,hcb+A combo from KOF 98 still works, bk+A -> haohshokoken juggle still works. Robert's qcb + K hop kick also floats for a juggle setup; you can roll & mash more qcb + K's to juggle for more hits, but the first hit sets up a float that you can juggle with either his charge dwn,up + K kick, a haohshokoken, or his LDM off of. You can also dreamcancel his LDM off the 2nd-to-last hit of his Ryuuko Ranbu DM. I'm not 100% sold on how Robert turned out yet, but I have to give credit to "new" SNK for more or less successfully reinventing the character yet again.

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
For Terry

crouching Bx2, link standing B, Buster Wolf
flexible combo off of a verifiable hit

Standing close C, Power Dunk (B), Break, juggle with Power Charge (B) (Level 1), juggle with Power Dunk (B)

Crouching B, link crouching A, df + C, Burn Knuckle (A)

I recomend all of those

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
cam347 said:
For Terry

crouching Bx2, link standing B, Buster Wolf
flexible combo off of a verifiable hit

Standing close C, Power Dunk (B), Break, juggle with Power Charge (B) (Level 1), juggle with Power Dunk (B)

Crouching B, link crouching A, df + C, Burn Knuckle (A)

I recomend all of those

And Terry also still has his old low B -> low A -> dwn-fwd+C -> DM combo he had from way back in 97. Power Geyser is still the easier choice in this one.

Forgot to mention that Ryo has the surprising corner juggle of close standing C/D -> qcf + A -> juggle with A-button Build Upper (f,d,df + P). I don't think he had this in previous games since he used to use the Kohou (the uppercut which would turn him face-forwards to the player). Ryo hasn't used this move since KOF 98 (alternate version).

Again, just mess with the characters. Stuff that looks like it should combo usually does.

YO-YO-Boy said:

That thing's down.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
cam347 said:
For Terry

B power charge won't allow a juggle you have to use the D version

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Maury V. said:
How the hell do I do a Leader Despiration Move?

You can only do LDMs with the character you designate as your team leader. Your leader also has to have at least 2 DMs stored.

In arcade mode, you can only perform LDMs once per match. Same with PS2's team mode, if I remember right.

In PS2's endless mode, you can do them as many times as you have POW for it. (Or, at least, the CPU can.)

Most LDMs are performed with the "E" button (Atomiswave button 5, which acts as the old CD attacks in KOF XI), and are enhanced versions of characters' existing moves. Terry's is qcb, hcf + E, for instance.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
EX_Andy said:
You can only do LDMs with the character you designate as your team leader. Your leader also has to have at least 2 DMs stored.

In arcade mode, you can only perform LDMs once per match. Same with PS2's team mode, if I remember right.

In PS2's endless mode, you can do them as many times as you have POW for it. (Or, at least, the CPU can.)

Most LDMs are performed with the "E" button (Atomiswave button 5, which acts as the old CD attacks in KOF XI), and are enhanced versions of characters' existing moves. Terry's is qcb, hcf + E, for instance.

Ah that makes sense now! I thought I was following the chart correctly but it was that one thing that was keeping me from doing so! Thanks for your help!

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
EX_Andy said:
Most LDMs are performed with the "E" button (Atomiswave button 5, which acts as the old CD attacks in KOF XI)

They did that just to add a new button, didn't they?

For all i know, CD isn't used at all in XI, am i right?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I am fuckin' tired of getting my ass kicked in this game! How the fuck do you people play this game so well? I practice every damn day on the hardest difficulty level and I can't do shit when I want things done!

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
derboo said:
They did that just to add a new button, didn't they?

they've been pretty anxious to use all 5 buttons on the Atomiswave apparently. KoF Neowave added the completely retarded "overheat" button or whatever it was called, and even Metal Slug 6 makes use of all 5 buttons, whereas most Neo-Geo Metal Slug's never used the D button.

and yes, LDM's can be used as many times as you have meter for it. (how else would K' be able to juggle a second LDM after the first one)