KOF : MAXIMUM IMPACT 2

Tinieblas

Marked Wolf
I have a question to those that ordered MI 2, Did anyone get that big poster that came with the game? the reason I'm asking is because I ordered the game on april 25 and received it 3 days later but there was no poster, funny thing is I got it today not only 1 but 3 posters, so if didn't get the poster when the game arrived you might get a little surprise.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Tinieblas said:
I have a question to those that ordered MI 2, Did anyone get that big poster that came with the game? the reason I'm asking is because I ordered the game on april 25 and received it 3 days later but there was no poster, funny thing is I got it today not only 1 but 3 posters, so if didn't get the poster when the game arrived you might get a little surprise.

Got mine from play-asia as well. The poster came 2days after i got the game.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Lawrence Blood said:
I've heard about MI2 Is it any good?

A lot improvement since original MI. Faster pace gameplay with counters guard crush moves etc and mission (mini game) modes to unlock more stuff. But best of all tons of unlockable characters from other SNK games.... Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown, Mark of the Wolves, etc. :cool:

djesiret

n00b
homo

i like kof mi2. i do. but has anyone else noticed the large amount of homosexual (not that it's a problem) undertones in the unlockable costumes?

What do you think?

There are quite a few. Wild Wolf (Garou) Terry in that cheetah skinned chaps cowboy thing. Comon Falcoon. We know you are a freak, but keep it out of our kof.

comments?

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
djesiret said:
i like kof mi2. i do. but has anyone else noticed the large amount of homosexual (not that it's a problem) undertones in the unlockable costumes?

What do you think?

There are quite a few. Wild Wolf (Garou) Terry in that cheetah skinned chaps cowboy thing. Comon Falcoon. We know you are a freak, but keep it out of our kof.

comments?

I think nothing beats the "other" (alternate) costume for the last boss. It's...uh some what very disturbing... :eek_2:

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I really like MI2. The fact that you could combo a special move from a single attack alone is a big improvement and makes it play closer to the 2d KOFs. In MI1, you can only combo from a chain. The chains in MI2 have also been toned up with some new variatons and neat cancels. The super cancel has returned. Jumping attacks have also been improved (Iori's overhead). The "parrying" system is a breath of fresh air but it only works on the ground and for normal punches and kicks only.

Damn, Kyo's new LV3 super does tons of damage. It looks like a modified power geyser and can be stored for more hits and even more damage. Alba's qcfX2+C super is still overpowered especially when he does it in the corner where he could connect another one. I also ike alba's new auto-combo move. Very easy to link and looks cool. Iori has also been toned up. His Dp+D is great and you could do the A version of the deadly flowers after that and supercancel it into one of his DMs.

I will give more impressions later as i just got the game yesterday. Yeah, I know I am a bit late, LOL. :tickled:

Last edited:

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I got the poster about 3 or 4 days after I got the game. I dont like the poster much so im thinking of getting rid of it.

So far I think the game is cool. I am enjoying it.
It is probably one of the fastest 3d fighters out there. But that's mostly cause it plays alot like a 2d fighter. It not really having an 8 way control and all. But I think that is a good thing in this case.
I believe it could be up a contender with the likes of Tekken if they would tone down some of the BS cancels and ground combos. Balance out some of the overpowering moves. Yuri's Lv3 DM takes 85 percent or so health if it connects with all three hits. And they would also have to work on some of the animations. Alot look abit robotic.
The graphics are pretty bland. Better then MI1 but that isn't saying much. The music is alright. The Dojo BGM is cool.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I just got through playing this today and wow what a game! This is a HUGE improvement from the first one in terms of pulling off moves and presentation. The fact that most of the alt. costumes look better than the originals keeps me on the game and wanting to unlock more! I hope when this comes here to the U.S., the voice actors won't muck it up (not likely though...) and they add an option to use Japanese voices.

Maury V.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
djesiret said:

What do you think?

comments?

yeah man snkp really lost it, fucking fat fag falcoon can keep on sucking dicks. im really starting to wonder why the fuck they contracted this fat motherfucker. 99.9% of his designs plain suck balls (sometimes litterally). his art is some of the worst snkp got, so why? in the beginning i thought it would do snkp some good hiring him, so far nothing good has come from his direction (cept the kof poster, but even that isnt drawn great). cmon man anybody seen such girly men fight and fuck somebody up (not like that). fat if i see one more fag design from you i really hope you get a heart-attack fat fuck. hire some skilled people damn it snkp.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
You have one dirty mouth, MUSO.

To be honest I dislike his work as well but that doesn't keep me from playing the games.

I always said it was a big mistake to let Shinkiro go back to Capcom, he sort of defined SNK's visual for a long time, but then again, many people dig the current anime-ish look

See guys, Devil_Gans is on the right track, play the game, find out cool stuff and have fun with it, hating on a fat designer is so pointless, eh.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I am starting to like the ground bounce effect of iori's Dp+D. It allows you to follow-up with some unique combos and SC it into his DMs. I also like the fact that the Dp+D can be comboed after a simple 3 hit C,C,C(last hit launches)

C,C,C->DP+D(oponnent bounces off the ground)->qcf+A(X2)->SC into his maiden masher DM with saika follow-up. After the Dp+D you could also do his simple qcf X2 + A/C DM also.

I am trying to find combos that link to his riot mode and the combos you unleash after that. I have seen some mean stuff involving his riot mode done in some combo vids.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I really like MI2, though I swore Crimson was going to be in it, ah well the kula costume works as well. I'm loving the updated gameplay and this one just feels way more solid.

We've been doing 3V3s
my team usually is
Terry/Iori/Hyena

Hyena is a fun character to play as, but I really gotta say I hate the boss. He's just CREAPY!

Unlocking shit is a bitch.