kof 2000 aes bootleg??

Articflame

n00b
I recently bought an aes cart of kof2000. I have played it for awhile and enjoyed the heck out of it. great game:-)

But I have become a little paranoid because of the simple fact that I can select without the code, "Kula Diamond", the mid boss character.

I dont know. In the manual Her stats, move list and picture are displayed, but on gameplay videos I watch, she must be unlocked.

Does the AES version have kula as a selectable character or is this a hack of the game???

Have I been robbed by an old japanese man??

I haven't opened it up btw.

Thanks for looking at my post:-)

FFantasy6

n00b
Sure has a rom changed with an eprom to have that character playable without unlocking it.

It's half-boot :P

Articflame

n00b
Hmm interesting. Thanks for the response btw :-)

This begs a new question. I bought this from an established seller on e bay. I have trusted him/her for a long time.

I know "Kula" wasn't selectable i the arcade.

But can any owner here of an original AES cart of king of fighters 2000 confirm that "Kula" is not selectable without the code input. Because I want to try for a refund, but I have to be sure.

The seller btw. is HIT JAPAN on ebay. He/she is pretty well trusted, but if bootlegs or half bootlegs are rampant in his/her stock I dont know if I can trust him for other titles on the higher end.

The game however is still pretty fun :-)

Articflame

n00b
The cartrigde was bought from ebay, if this is indeed a "halfboot" then I would like it confirmed.

That character had to be unlocked in the arcade (I think if I remember correct). Can I assume that the same goes for the AES?

If someone has an original copy. Does "Kula" come available from the selection screen in the aes version??

I bought this on ebay and will try to claim a refund. But I need to be sure.

The e bayer is Hit Japan btw. Does anyone have any experience with that guy??

I used to believe that he was selling good stock, but it goes to show that you have be careful, and he had some great higher end titles to, tsk tsk...

Thanks for your help :-)

Last edited:

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Your cart is all legit, no need to worry.
Kula does not have to be unlocked in the AES version, she is available from the beginning.
Hit Japan is a reliable seller.

Says the third noob to the other two :)

Last edited:

FFantasy6

n00b
D'oh!

I thought it was not selectable and someone changed a rom, like I did on Samurai Shodow II.

Articflame

n00b
Ok thanks a lot :-)

I'll trust you then. I was just a little worried about it. I thought the AES was supposed to be a true conversion of the arcade, but they made this into more of an home console feel, which is cool in it's own way.

Articflame

n00b
Your cart is all legit, no need to worry.
Kula does not have to be unlocked in the AES version, she is available from the beginning.
Hit Japan is a reliable seller.

Says the third noob to the other two :)

Great ;-) You own a copy or played it then? If you say that I can sleep well again

thanks to you all

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Glad you like it hoop!

I do like it indeed! :)

KoF 2000 was the first homecart i purchased about ten years ago.
The copy i bought back then was sold to me as new and was in excellent
to near mint condition at best. Sold this one some years later.
Was not half as beautiful as the copy i got from you lately.

I will definitely keep this one - thanks again for the great deal! :buttrock:

Last edited: