Just got a version 2 Hyper 64 board and 2 games.. A couple of quick questions!

eclypse

Banned
Just wondering before i trash this Hyper 64 version 2 board if i need to have an extra power plug other then just runing power from the jamma connector like the first version hyper board?

I was thinking i needed a pin out of the jamma connector but forgot that should be good to go as i'm going to test it in my MVS rig and i have the switch on the bottom of the board from jamma to MVS.

Oh.. Is there a version 2 manual out there for kicks?

eclypse

Banned
Well its working! But.. i cant add a credit to play.. :( Jumpers? Can i change it in the hardware menu?

eclypse

Banned
Its on MVS yes.. Can i insert coin with the button or start the game no.

What pin is for test mode? Also can i change the settings in the options menu under the test mode?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Test on MVS is M.

You can change all the settings in the test menu. Coin should work via the coin buttons unless something is different in the test menu.

eclypse

Banned
I'll check that out later on tonight.. Gota run, heading out to dinner for our 6th wedding anniversay.

Thanks!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Wedding anniversary and Hyper board in the same day? Sounds like a good tuesday!

eclypse

Banned
Thanks guys!

Ok, so i get the test switch hooked up and i now can get into the menu. I set it up for freeplay.

Now the prob still remains that i can not hit start! Plus the credit button will not work either!

Not making any freakin sense as i have the board switched to MVS and everything else is working fine. When i have it hooked up to my 4 slot i can enter credits and hit the start button.

The 2 buttons and the joystick is working perfectly.

I just checked the pins and cleaned them anyways and still no luck.

I've checked the pinout for the connector on the revision 1 board and the pins for start and credits are the same.. match the MVS pinout so what the freak gives??

DAMNIT! Sittin here staring at the game (Buriki one) in demo mode "Free Play" is flashing and no matter what i can hit the start button for either player 1 or player 2!

Am i missing something? Is the start/credit buttons hooked to another harness or something?

Last edited:

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
I have played Buriki on a Hyper Rev2 - It hooked up to standard JAMMA in a Egret 2 no problem.
In the test menu, can you verify the buttons are working.

THat seems like a mode setting - freak, i have some vague memory of a view only setting that would only play the attract and not let anyone play. Basically not let anyone coin up or hit start, just keep looping the attract, cant remember what the hell that setting is called or where it was found, so take what I say more as a guess.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya verify the buttons are working. Maybe something is grounded on the board.

eclypse

Banned
Yeah thats what i've done in the menu is verify that buttons 1 and 2 and the joysticks totally work.. but not the coin nor the start buttons for either player 1 or 2.

I'll look it over again.. and also test the 4 slot.. but i'm pretty sure everythings working in that correctly as i can select the coin and start a game.

eclypse

Banned
Well, i hooked back up the 4 slot and went into hardware test mode. Tested all the buttons and everything is working there no prob.

Test the hyper again and this time notice that the credit button will work on player 1 and 2 but still nothing from the start button. I have to press really hard and hold it in for a second for the credit to work.

Sucks cause the only way out of the input test mode is to hold both buttons down + the start.. So everytime i have to hit the power button to reset it.

Can someone verify that the start button is right next to the credit pin on the jamma edge?

You would think it would be the same when i have the switch set to MVS and eveything else including the sound is working perfectly..

eclypse

Banned
Forget it.. I just crossed a wire from the start pin to ground and the start button registers.

Something must be up with the start button on my modded controller even though it works fine on the 4 slot.

I'll try riggin it up to another free button.

eclypse

Banned
WOW! ummm.. WOW!!! Holy shit is Samurai Showdown Warriors Rage KICK ASS! lol.. I didnt even know forsure what the other game was as i could not read the kit as its in Jap. lol.. I figured it was SS.

So how did i fair? I bought the Hyper 64 MB in box along with the 2 games Buriki One and SS Warriors Rage, both in complete kit form in the boxes.

I asked the seller before if the board was a revision 1 or 2 and he thought it was a revision 1. Welp i got super lucky as its a version 2! lol.. So happy to see that when i first opened it up!

Is there any other great fighting games? Or did i score the best 2? I know Buriki One is tops!

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Welcome to the Hyper 64 club. Heh.

There are two other games that will work with that board - Samurai Shodown 64 and Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition. I like the gameplay and general feel of SS64 better than SSWR, though both are good and SSWR is a better looking game. You might as well get all 4 boards, they're all good and relatively cheap.

trebormills

Quiz Detective
Welcome to the Hyper 64 club. Heh.

There are two other games that will work with that board - Samurai Shodown 64 and Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition. I like the gameplay and general feel of SS64 better than SSWR, though both are good and SSWR is a better looking game. You might as well get all 4 boards, they're all good and relatively cheap.

Buriki one is the game I play the most, followed by SS64 (like the 3d move thing) and finally Fatal fury...haven't really got into ss warriors rage yet

Hyper64 looked good and its a shame snk didn't run it for 14 yrs like the mvs, last gen stuff might have been awesome. Now if only 64 had mvs cart slots...now that would have been the dogs

Last edited: