Just found two new reasons...

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
...to love my PC Engine.

Probably the best fighter I've played on the system:

And a robot-based beat 'em up that's just damned fun!

I've got a couple of burned copies made now until I can source the legit deal, but I'm definitely having a blast with these.

Back to figuring out combos with Kabuki now :D

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
How does Kabuki Ittou Ryoudan compare to Kabuki Klash?

The best way I can think of to explain it is that KIR feels a LOT like one of the at-the-time 'me too' clones of SFII (whereas KK very much does not/feels more unique), though I will add the caveat that KIR most definitely is one of the rare few that actually 'got it right' so to speak. The animation is super fluid, controls are about as tight as they need to be, and every character really feels like an individual on the roster. If you're an SFII vet, you would feel right at home here, as the move and combo system is very very similar, and picking it up is pretty much like getting back on the same bike...albeit a wildly more colorful one lol.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ittoryotan has been ported on the PSP (part of Hudson's PC Engine Best Collection). The game is way too easy though.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Reminds me of Fighter's History Dynamite. How are the controls?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Ittoryotan has been ported on the PSP (part of Hudson's PC Engine Best Collection). The game is way too easy though.

Probably a good thing that I'm not solely limited to the 1p game then! We already broke the Tap out and had some killer 2p vs. runs.

Also: lol psp port. No.

Reminds me of Fighter's History Dynamite. How are the controls?

If you have a 6b controller, it's set up exactly like a standard Capcom fighter: 3 punches on top, 3 kicks on bottom, :back: to block.

So far I've just been playing with Kabuki, so to give you some idea how it's set up, his moves are as follows:

Fireball type attack :qcf: + P
Sword based shoryuken: :dragf: + P
Flying kick attack: charge :back:, :forw: + K
Desperation attack (at 1/4 life or less): :qcf::hcb: + P

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Pretty cool finds. The fighter kind of reminds me of Ranma art style.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Arcade Card Pro or Arcade Card Duo?

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Whichever floats your boat. Only difference between the two cards is that the Duo card doesn't need the extra stuff the Pro card has because the Duo system already has it. It just depends on what your cd system of choice is as to which is the 'proper' card.