Japanese PSP firmware version 2.50

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Rough translation of new features below. The upgrade is not required to play any current games.

Network
The location free player was added.
Automatic operation selection the Unicode (UTF-8) it added to letter encoding of Internet browser.
Letter size of Internet browser, it reached the point where setting of indicatory mode is retained.
It reached the point where input past record of form is retained with Internet browser.

Video
It reached the point where the animated picture which corresponds to the copyright protective function which is offered with animated picture transmission service and the like can be played back. (The animated picture which is retained in the " memory stick duo")
As for details, please inquire under offer animated picture transmission service and the like.
When when procurement / it utilizes animated picture, fee and the like is required, being to be, please note.

Setting
It sets to date and time setting it added by way of Internet.
The WPA-PSK (the AES) it added to the security system of network setting.

In addition it reached the point where it can do the Korean language input with the keyboard.

H

hermegildo

Akira1422 said:
The war for running homebrew continues
I think it's kind of pointless now.

A few years down the road Sony will have released one million updates with tons of new features and people will still be running 1.50 so they can play teh roms?

Paying $250+ for a rom machine isn't really smart IMO, just buy that Gamepark handheld if that's what you want.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
hermegildo said:

A few years down the road Sony will have released one million updates with tons of new features and people will still be running 1.50 so they can play teh roms?

Paying $250+ for a rom machine isn't really smart IMO, just buy that Gamepark handheld if that's what you want.

Totally agree!

I sold my 1.0 PSP on ebay (got $235) this week, and I'm through with emus on PSP. I also own a US 1.5 PSP which I plan to keep and just use for actual PSP games. I will probably upgrade it soon, once there's a game that I really want that needs 2.0+.

I'm getting a GP2X, and that will be my homebrew and emu system.

The Nintendo DS is really becoming my favorite handheld though. The games are just getting so damn good for DS, it's a shame the screens suck (compared to PSP and the new SP).

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
hermegildo said:

Not really, in my case the only thing that would make me update my firmware losing the homebrew (remember it includeds TEH PSP ISOZ as well as emulated romz) is if it is 100% needed to play some of the new upcoming big titles. I've bought the PSP to play with its games, not to watch media and internet browsing, etc. After PSP games (and let's admit it, pirated PSP games too), the only other use I can find for my PSP is some emulation. I wouldn't buy a handheld JUST for emulation (in that case I'd buy the Gamepark one).

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
ok well that translation is incomprehensible....I read the site myself and I must say that there is one new feature that caught my eye: The "Location Free" feature. This feature allows you to stream television programs as well as saved DVR programs to your PSP! The only downside of this is that you need to buy the "base station" in order to utilize this feature. I think this is really cool as I would love to watch my saved DVR programs (Like Nip/Tuck) in bed. I cannot believe anyone else didn't bring this up yet. Thoughts anyone...

If I get some time, I will translate the entire list of new features into English and not bablefishnglish.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
It depends on how much the Gamepark costs. If it's like Buying another PSP, what's the point?