Is this an authentic Last Hope Pink Bullets for Dreamcast

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
I'm not sure if this seller is selling authentic copies of Last Hope Pink Bullets for Dreamcast so I wanna ask if someone can confirm if they are authentic or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DREAMCAST-LAST-HOPE-PINK-BULLETS-/290632833186?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43ab1118a2#ht_2092wt_932

IMG_20110406_124415.jpg

IMG_20110406_124406.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Looks like it since it's in the pink dvd case.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I was gonna start a thread on this but I think it will be appropriate if I hijacked Neo Geo Mvs's thread [sorry:oh_no:]

My question is: will playing games like Last Hope kill my DC laser over time? Are these homebrew games actual GDROMS? or just copied CD-Rs? I would really want to play Last Hope and love to help out the homebrew scene but might reconsider if it will kill my DC over time.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Well, going by the pictures; yes. That's how the original is packaged and how it looks.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I was gonna start a thread on this but I think it will be appropriate if I hijacked Neo Geo Mvs's thread [sorry:oh_no:]

My question is: will playing games like Last Hope kill my DC laser over time? Are these homebrew games actual GDROMS? or just copied CD-Rs? I would really want to play Last Hope and love to help out the homebrew scene but might reconsider if it will kill my DC over time.

I have never heard of this before. Granted, I'm not all into the DC scene and intricate details, but your mention of this is the first I've ever heard of that.

I will say that I've played a shit ton of burned games in my DC over thousands of hours and never had any problem. Besides, the console can be replaced for like $20-$30 at worst. Considering all of that, I'm not worried about it.

Thanks guys.

BTW man, I'd probably wait before buying that. In April the DC newcomer pack will be available and will include LHPB, Fast Striker, and Gunlord all for like 60 Euros or something. I'm personally just going to grab that collection instead.

Last edited:

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
True enough malignant, was just curious as backup discs on all systems seem to strain the laser so was just curious. Also, I alrdy preordered my DC newcomer's pack, great deal if you ask me, its like buying 2 getting one free.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

As far as I know, they're printed on CDs rather than GDs. The consensus (and my opinion) is that this does put extra strain on the console. However, I wouldn't say that it's a considerable amount of strain. I'm only basing this on listening to my DC while playing a backup. It was enough for me to stop playing the backup (I eventually bought a real copy of that game), but keep in mind I'm pretty neurotic about those types of things.

Spark notes: If you're that worried and have sentimental value attached to your DC, buy another one on Craigslist to play CD-based games and backups (if that's your thing) on. You should be able to get one for $25 no problem.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Consider that it's only 20 Euros if you buy from the NG: DEV site and you don't have to worry about authenticity that way, I'd say don't bother with the ebay listing.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Spark notes: If you're that worried and have sentimental value attached to your DC, buy another one on Craigslist to play CD-based games and backups (if that's your thing) on. You should be able to get one for $25 no problem.

Thats what i plan on doing. I like supporting those guys at NGDEV so its the only other option.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
I'm not sure if this seller is selling authentic copies of Last Hope Pink Bullets for Dreamcast so I wanna ask if someone can confirm if they are authentic or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DREAMCAST-LAST-HOPE-PINK-BULLETS-/290632833186?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43ab1118a2#ht_2092wt_932

IMG_20110406_124415.jpg

IMG_20110406_124406.jpg

Yep thats Last Hope Pink bullets that is real deal mate. I got my copy of play-asia when it was released. Its funny but it killed my modded Dreamcast , Thank God i had a spare Jap Dreamcast laying around, got no problems so far.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Thanks for the advice guys I didn't buy the auction I went to NG DEV instead to help the development cycle.