"Is it Possible to Resurrect an Older Game with Esports? It May Be Easier Than You Think"

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I would want to think the publisher or copyright holder would have the final say. As a business they want to showcase their new/ current intellectual properties. I could see a dmca lawsuit if a exports league was to showcase/ potentially profit from a game without prior permission.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm 100% on board with this. I like SFV (for the most part) but I always prefer watching classic games at tourneys. "Keep On Shining" was dope last year, and I felt like I learned a lot about Garou and Last Blade 2.

Also, I am JoJo trash, so yes.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Theres just something special and technical about sprite based fighters with tight gameplay, like 3rd Strike and MOTW. Im very competitive with 3s always enjoyed Motw and other SNK games just never had anyone else locally interested in them to play against. However, Ive tried to get into IV and V and for vastly different reasons, both suck imho. Its very objective to me too. Im not just looking through rose colored glasses. IV might be a little subjective as it just wasnt my style like, at all. But V while its got much more edge asthetically, gameplay wise is just so flowchart like and singular in the way the characters can be played. I like being able to figure out my own style with a character not being a machine playing another machine. Even though older games had very solidified (at lwast at the ultra high level play) tiers, there was still ways to play said top tier characters differently. At lower but still competitive levels, Ive seen people wreck in tournaments with odd or low tier characters like Q and Sean. So to me, theres something just perfect about 3S as far as SF games go. From what little I have played Motw, it does seem to give me a lot of the same vibe but from an SNK style.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm 100% on board with this. I like SFV (for the most part) but I always prefer watching classic games at tourneys. "Keep On Shining" was dope last year, and I felt like I learned a lot about Garou and Last Blade 2.

Also, I am JoJo trash, so yes.

Speaking of fighting games I'd want to see a tournament for, Waku Waku 7.

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
It would be really nice to see some of 90's 2d games get more love than they are. Here in houston there is a decent Third strike and CvS2 scene. Only because there is a group of ppl hosting weekly meetups for casuals and monthly tournaments. I found out about this group and joined them, so im always lugging around a crt setup to these meetups. I would really like to see Vampire Savior, Real bout 2/special, MOTW, Breakers Revenge, Karnovs Revenge, SFA 2/3 and SS 2/4 get more play locally. Sucks that i have to get my fix from youtube, especially from my fav arcade Mikado.