Nanostray
Lunar
Phoenix Wright
Kirby Canvas Curse

...are my top ten, easily.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Zenimus said:
Hey, do you know if the new redesigned SP has a headphone port on it? I know the original SP model didn't, and it always bugged me.

Sadly, no it doesn't. Same ports as the original SP. You need to get the geeky little headphone adapter, but they only cost at most $5, so its not a huge deal.

Valgar

NEST Puppet
Why the hell would you buy a Micro or GBASP2 when the DS isn't that much more expensive and can play both? It has a good line-up going for it. I'll add:

Ouendan (best game)
Super Princess Peach (whenever that comes out here)

btw the DS Screen is better than the original GBASP.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Valgar said:
Why the hell would you buy a Micro or GBASP2 when the DS isn't that much more expensive and can play both? It has a good line-up going for it. I'll add:

Ouendan (best game)
Super Princess Peach (whenever that comes out here)

btw the DS Screen is better than the original GBASP.

You'd buy the GBASP2 rather than the DS because the SP2 has a much better screen (brighter but mainly with much richer, more saturated colors), and is far better for GBA games. Its obvious that the DS has better screens than the original SP (which completely blew), but not better than the SP2 by a longshot.

And to me there still aren't any exciting games out for the DS at all . . . when people start getting excited about point and tap legal simulations and operating room simulations, which have virtually no replayability, you know they're scraping the bottom for reasons to buy the system. Granted, the PSP releases have been few and far between, but I still see no reason to bother with a DS at all.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
chimpmeister said:
You'd buy the GBASP2 rather than the DS because the SP2 has a much better screen (brighter but mainly with much richer, more saturated colors), and is far better for GBA games. Its obvious that the DS has better screens than the original SP (which completely blew), but not better than the SP2 by a longshot.

And to me there still aren't any exciting games out for the DS at all . . . when people start getting excited about point and tap legal simulations and operating room simulations, which have virtually no replayability, you know they're scraping the bottom for reasons to buy the system. Granted, the PSP releases have been few and far between, but I still see no reason to bother with a DS at all.

Have you even played those games you're trashing you retard?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
chimpmeister said:
And to me there still aren't any exciting games out for the DS at all . . .
:oh_no:
Even if you don't like the DS for whatever screwed up reason you can pick, you can't deny that there are some super high quality games on it. I mean, Advance Wars, Castlevania, and Osu! Tatake! Ouendon are absolute no brainers and beat the crap out of ANY game released for any other portable.

If you can't get excited about those I really wonder what you DO get excited about there Master of Chimps.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
If you can't get excited about those I really wonder what you DO get excited about there Master of Chimps.

Tomorrow I can piss my pants again! :glee:

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Magnaflux said:
Have you even played those games you're trashing you retard?

I tried them in a local gamestore, and they were really boring. :oh_no: But to be honest with you, simulations and point-n-click games are not of any interest to me anyway, so its not as if I would have liked them to begin with.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
D-Lite said:
:oh_no:
Even if you don't like the DS for whatever screwed up reason you can pick, you can't deny that there are some super high quality games on it. I mean, Advance Wars, Castlevania, and Osu! Tatake! Ouendon are absolute no brainers and beat the crap out of ANY game released for any other portable.

Advance Wars: Strategy game, yawn. I love Action RPGs like Baldurs Gate and Champions of Norrath, but not pure strategy or RTS games. Pass.

Osu...blahblah. Described as:

Dance the night away on the Nintendo DS in this quirky Japanese release, from the creators of Gitaroo-Man.

Heavy japanese text, dancing game. I could care less about any dancing games, and since this is import only with heavy japanese text, you're pretty desperate to reach for it as one of the "must haves".

Castlevania: Probably the only one you listed that, of any game on the DS, looks interesting to me. But one game isn't enough, and personally I'd rather see a new GBA Castlevania than a DS one, since the game would look much better on the SP2.

So, if those are your three choices of games that "beat the crap" out of any other handheld game, more power to you; but I think not. :oh_no:

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Nanostray
CastleVania
Lost in Blue
Puyo Pop Fever
Feel the Magic
Meteos
Zoo Keeper
Advance Wars DS
Metroid Pinball
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Electroplankton
Osu Takae Quendan

Down the road:
Mario Cart DS with wifi multi player
Animal Crossing DS with wifi multi player
Metroid Prime Hunters with wifi multi player
Viewtiful Joe DS

All good reasons to buy a DS.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
chimpmeister said:
Advance Wars: Strategy game, yawn. I love Action RPGs like Baldurs Gate and Champions of Norrath, but not pure strategy or RTS games. Pass.

Osu...blahblah. Described as:

Heavy japanese text, dancing game. I could care less about any dancing games, and since this is import only with heavy japanese text, you're pretty desperate to reach for it as one of the "must haves".

Castlevania: Probably the only one you listed that, of any game on the DS, looks interesting to me. But one game isn't enough, and personally I'd rather see a new GBA Castlevania than a DS one, since the game would look much better on the SP2.

So, if those are your three choices of games that "beat the crap" out of any other handheld game, more power to you; but I think not. :oh_no:
You're hopeless.

Valgar

NEST Puppet
chimpmeister said:

lol, really grasping for straws here. It is a rhythm game and If you read anything anybody has said about the game, it is that you don't need to know any japanese to have fun.

What happened to replaying a game because it was fun? Trauma Center is said to be like an Arcade title almost.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Argentina94 said:
The only reasons I bought the DS were for the superior GBA display and Advance Wars Dual Strike.

Was well worth it in retrospect.

Too true.
The main reason I bought DS is to play GBA game without getting my eyes blind... :envy:
Of course Castlevania and few titles really impresse me enough :)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
My backpack has my GBA2 and my DS in it. For GBA games I play them on the GBA2, the screen is better and the aspect ratio is correct. If I want to play Castlevania, I move my hand 3 inches to the right and pick up my DS...problem solved.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
chimpmeister said:
Castlevania: Probably the only one you listed that, of any game on the DS, looks interesting to me. But one game isn't enough,

Yes, yes it is.

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
chimpmeister said:

Dude if your comparing things side by side take a look at aria of sorrow and then dawn of sorrow.....im sorry the gba cart does not hold a candle to it (no matter what screen you have) the detail on DOS is amazeing

on another note i like the ds screen better for gba much better resolution because of the size of it.

The ds is becomeing a great system.why dont you take a look at final fantasy 3 screen shots

:drool_2:

to awnser thread topic: I would get castlevania dos and kirby canvas curse

Last edited: