Hyper 64 +5 wiring question.

Sklathill

n00b
So, I know that I need some extra +5v for my first revision Hyper. Now, do I need a second power supply, or could I just connect it to the +5 on the jamma? I think I read somewhere that the Hyper needs a minimum 10A on the +5, and my supergun PSU is rated +5v 15A...would that be enough? Or would I most certainly need a second power supply? Does anyone have specifics on the power draw?

Thanks...

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
Sklathill:
So, I know that I need some extra +5v for my first revision Hyper. Now, do I need a second power supply, or could I just connect it to the +5 on the jamma? I think I read somewhere that the Hyper needs a minimum 10A on the +5, and my supergun PSU is rated +5v 15A...would that be enough? Or would I most certainly need a second power supply? Does anyone have specifics on the power draw?

Thanks...
A second power supply is not needed just use the same power supply that the JAMMA harness uses. The +5V is rated at 10 amps, the +12V is rated at 1 amp, and the -5V is rated at 1 amp so a 15 amp power supply is more the enough.

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Sklathill:
I think I read somewhere that the Hyper needs a minimum 10A on the +5,
Thanks...
I dont think thats it draws that much. I bet its around 2.5A. Will test when I got some time. Perhaps I make a list where to see what current the boards draw... :)

Greets

apus

ashram

CompUSA-4-Life, ,
so, you could splice the +5v and ground from the jamma harness to the extra connector on the hyper?