How to kill a series AKA Jessica Jones

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It took one episode of Jessica Jones season 2 to see where the show was going. Jessica, having aged really badly, maybe from the drinking or too much heroin with Jesse Pinkman, came back, not filling out her jeans well, but that’s okay, honestly, I could deal with her looking used and in her comfort mom jeans, because Season 1 was good.

Season 2 felt like “men suck, and we’re going to beat up a bunch of men, including this penis in a wheelchair” while politely dealing with the milquetoastiest of the chromasomally disadvantaged (males).

I get it, the show isn’t for men. Every show ever made was for men (like Friends, HIMYM, the view, greys, SitC, and every iteration of SVU) so let women have a show like this. My answer is fine. Take it. But I am out.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I just didn't like that the season was essentially just another nutjob kidnapping Jessica to act as their conscience, and then Jessica not killing them when she should. Like the first season but without the good writing and tension.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The fun part will be when the showrunner and other people involved in the show take stock, recognize that they made a mistake with their direction of the show and make changes for Season 3.

Oh no wait, that's right. They'll blame the viewers, claim that anyone who doesn't like the show's direction is a misogynist and come up with clever hash tags to mock the show's former audience. AKA The Ghostbusters/Marvel comics playbook.

Is it possible to go back to the world where fictional media didn't have to be a part of the neverending culture war?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I've been drunk the whole time I've been watching it and looking at my phone. So, background noise.

edit: she doesn't fill out the jeans but yet somehow has dat ass

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Once I saw what they did with Iron Fist, I was on overwatch with the Marvel Netflix shows. The Defenders was terrible. I haven't even watched The Punisher yet. I'll probably pass on Jessica Jones Season 2 because the culture war has exhausted me. Daredevil Season 3 is my last hope, but only because it appears they'll be doing Born Again, which is the best Frank Miller Daredevil story of all time.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Once I saw what they did with Iron Fist, I was on overwatch with the Marvel Netflix shows. The Defenders was terrible. I haven't even watched The Punisher yet. I'll probably pass on Jessica Jones Season 2 because the culture war has exhausted me. Daredevil Season 3 is my last hope, but only because it appears they'll be doing Born Again, which is the best Frank Miller Daredevil story of all time.

Punisher was awful

Marek

Banned
This thread is so incredibly gay. Who has the time to watch these God awful shows. It took me ten seconds to decode what HIMYM meant and I was then immediately depressed. That's the worst show ever. A comedy about a fake straight dad that's trying to laugh track closet gay manly parental fakery. Fake. Sad.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Only saw one episode of Jessica Season2...Seems alright so far.

As for the Punisher, i loved it! I thought Defenders was ok probably the worse out of the bunch.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I didn't think much of season 2 for jesscia jones it's slow pace beside it not having a main villain.All in all i prefer how it was done in the first season.I don't know what it is with netflik as of late but there slipping with there marvel produced shows.I've heard,there all most done with filming for season 3 of DD i hope that one turns out right.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I stopped at Season 1 of DD. Watched a few episodes of The Punisher and it was merely ok. Heard bad things about the rest so I skipped them all.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
So far I have watched 2 episodes of JJS2 and I like it well enough. Ritter does look like she has aged quite a bit which is interesting when you consider the fact that movie makeup is amazing now. No idea if the aged look is on purpose or if she really looks like she has aged 20 years without the makeup.

Iron Fist was a dumpster fire. Defenders was good until the last third where it became dumpster fire part 2. I actually liked the Punisher more than I thought I would. They changed a ton from the comics, but they had to make the character more interesting and likeable for a general audience. The repeating sequence with his wife was annoying as fuck though.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
JJ S1 > DD S1 >>>>>>>> Punisher S1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JJ S2 >>>> DD S2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luke Cage S1 >>>>>>>> Defenders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iron Fist S1

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This season was bad, but I didn't see it full of man-bashing or girl power. My main concern was how they were going to top Killgrave, and we definitely have our answer. They can't. It starts to pick up pace towards the end, but not enough to matter.

Her jeans didn't fit well in season1 either. I get why they are like that. It's a 90's look. The grunge era was a terrible time to be in college I am told. An older friend said you never knew what you were getting until you got it home and took off the 7 layers of baggy clothing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This season was bad, but I didn't see it full of man-bashing or girl power. My main concern was how they were going to top Killgrave, and we definitely have our answer. They can't. It starts to pick up pace towards the end, but not enough to matter.

Her jeans didn't fit well in season1 either. I get why they are like that. It's a 90's look. The grunge era was a terrible time to be in college I am told. An older friend said you never knew what you were getting until you got it home and took off the 7 layers of baggy clothing.

Now that you mention it, you’re 100% right.

I had a stand with one girl whose corporal existence melted into an amorphous puddle on my bed. I remember it vividly, even though it was like 21 years ago, because it was the first time I lost interest in having sex before I started.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The fun part will be when the showrunner and other people involved in the show take stock, recognize that they made a mistake with their direction of the show and make changes for Season 3.

Oh no wait, that's right. They'll blame the viewers, claim that anyone who doesn't like the show's direction is a misogynist and come up with clever hash tags to mock the show's former audience. AKA The Ghostbusters/Marvel comics playbook.

Is it possible to go back to the world where fictional media didn't have to be a part of the neverending culture war?

Amen.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

I hate this trend of tight clothing. Makes it a pain in the ass for someone my age to find a decent fitting pair of pants, or a t-shirt that's not a sausage casing. Plus I'm sick of seeing fat millennial chicks in yoga pants with pillows of fat spilling out the top. Don't you kids know how to buy clothes that fit?

I for one really liked the first season of Jessica Jones, but this thread isn't inspiring me to watch this new one. The Marvel Netflix shows have slowly been going downhill. I still haven't watched Defenders or Iron Fist.

Punisher started off strong and then turned into a train wreck. I hope once a new Daredevil season comes out it doesn't suck too. That's been my favorite by far.